Chapter 4 - Blood Pact

«Y/N?! What is happening!?» Ominis yelled as he fumbled at her face and neck, searching for the cause of this. His hands kept searching as he finally noticed the chain around her waist. It was tightening, almost cutting into her skin.

Y/n was gasping on the floor, almost seizuring at this point. Ominis kept fumbling at the chain as it kept tightening around y/n's waist. He tried to tear it, but that only made matters worse. While he was feeling around he noticed the pendant, it was being pulled upwards. Ominis grabbed the pendant, but it burned his hand and he flinched back. That is when he realized what it was. He felt an instant wave of cold terror flushing through his body. Surely, she wouldn't?...

Ominis pulled away from y/n. The sound of the chain twisting back loosely gave him the confirmation he needed. Y/n let out a big gasp as the chain finally released enough for her to breathe. She sat up to her side with both her hands placed on the floor. Her hair was a mess, there was barely anything left of the low bun and most of it was now hanging in strands over her face. She slowly started to regain her breath.

«Oh y/n... What have you done?» Ominis said, his voice breaking slightly.

Y/n looked down at her somewhat uncovered body and started buttoning the shirt back up. She could barely remember how she even got to this point, how could she lose herself in the moment so hard? And to Ominis? This was not like her.

«So? Who is it?» Ominis said impatiently

«Who is what?» Y/n replied, her voice weak and drained from the suffocation she just endured.

«Don't act foolish with me, y/n» He sounded harsh, but was clearly concerned. His expression suddenly shifted as the thought crossed his mind. «Don't tell me it's Sebastian?» He asked, already knowing the answer.

Y/n's silence gave him the confirmation he needed.

«This is serious dark magic, y/n! A blood pact? What were you two thinking?!» Ominis exclaimed, his hands raised to his temples.

Y/n sighed. Her heart beat finally calmed down after the adrenaline of almost dying had worn her out.

«I don't have to explain anything to you...» She said coldly. Getting back up on her feet she felt an immense shame that she just moments ago was overcome with desire for the wizard in front of her.

Ominis stood up as well. «Y/n... I can help you, somehow, surely there must be a way.»

«Why do you think I was away for so many years, Ominis? There is nothing that can break it, I've looked everywhere. And even if there was... What if he gets out?»

«Are you really considering living your whole life devoted to a man that you most likely will never see again? Nobody, gets out from Azkaban, y/n, nobody!» Ominis sounded harsh and insensitive, he realized that as y/n played out her reaction.

«I would rather wait for him, than spend another moment with the man who betrayed him and lied to me about it» Her words were like acid. But she was infuriated.

«I am sorry, y/n, truly. I know you lo-... cared for him deeply. I suppose I underestimated how much.» Ominis looked bothered by his own words.

Y/n scoffed at Ominis' remark while she rubbed her waist, the skin still sore from the wrath of the chain. This had happened before and she should have known better, she just lost control somehow. The pendant attached to the enchanted chain contained the blood of both Sebastian and y/n. It was a powerful magic that Sebastian had read about from an old book he found in the restricted section back at school. When the two young students had been meddling in dark forces together they made a promise to each other never to betray the other or tell anyone what they had been up to. To ensure that each of them kept their promise, the blood pact was formed. The only problem was, the feelings that y/n had for Sebastian bound the curse in such a way that she would never be allowed the pleasure of another man, as long as they both lived.

Each time she had tried to allow herself a sense of connection to anyone, the blood pact reminded her of her betrayal and that she belonged to Sebastian Sallow.