Chapter 1: The Return

Tokyo, Japan 1997

A blonde boy and his pet devil can be seen walking a random road in the middle of a forest

"Tree cuttin' gets me 60,000 yen a month... The kidney I just sold is 1,2000,000.. and my right eye for 300,000... Sold one of my nuts for.. How much was it again? Not even 100,000.." The blonde spoke.

The blonde picks up a piece of paper from his pocket seeming to be his debt (Whatever you call it)
"That brings my debt down toooo.. 38,040,000 yen"
He sighed in frustration

Loud growls and Many Footsteps can be heard that seems to be noticed by his pet devil

"WOOF!" The pet devil barked angrily

"Okay already, Pochita I know! Let's go kill something!"
The blondie responded to pochita, He proceeded to pick pochita up, grabbing his handles.

A few minutes pass by and the blonde boy appears to be behind a wall hiding from a tomato devil of some sorts.

The boy readies himself to fight the tomato devil by pulling pochita's ripcord, making a loud revving noise that is noticed swiftly by the tomato devil.

"Killin' one devil's... Usually about 300,000... I guess devil hunting is best for making money" the blonde stated

The tomato devil looks at where the blonde boy and pochita are hiding slowly opening it's mouth with drool coming outside of it.

CUE THE INTRO

-After a few minutes-

There stood the blonde on top of the tomato devil's corpse slowly pulling pochita out of it with blood dripping from pochita's chainsaw.

"Got your tomato devil right here"
The blonde told the old man,
"It revives from its seeds, so you should probably burn it"
He quickly added

"Good work denji, this thing's corpse will pay well on the black market"
The old man said to denji
"Your reward is 400 grand"
Denji looked in excitement at the old geezer

"Thanks!" Denji yelled happily.

"I'm taking 170 grand to cover your loan and interest payments"
The old geezer told denji, who now had a look of confusion.

"And then there's the commission for referring you and associated fees"
And that look of confusion turned into a frown.

"Only 70 grand left..."
Denji said while frowning

-Timeskip-

Denji and pochita can now be seen walking the almost lonely streets of a town

"After paying the water bill.. and the other loans.." he said while counting the yen he had in his envelope

"Only 1800 left... I dont know if I should call this a miracle or a curse since the money just vanished into basically nothing..!"
Denji complained to pochita thinking that pochita understands him.

"There's nothing to eat at home either.. we gotta save this for a month"  Denji frowned

"Pochita.. tonight's dinner is going to be a single slice of bread.."
Pochita whimpers at his statement.

A car stops by him as the front window open
"Hey kid! I'll give ya 100 yen if ya eat this cigarette!" An annoying ass looking dude yelled at denji peeking his head outside the car while holding a cigarette in his hand.