Chapter 2: Makima

-----Abandoned Factory (Tokyo, Japan 1997)-----

Hours had already passed by, The sun is finally rising as a red haired lady with 2 well-dressed men approach the abandoned factory.

"Hmm.. looks like someone beat us to it" the red haired lady told both men as they entered the factory. "Got a live one" The man said to the lady noticing Pochita, The red haired lady slowly approaches pochita "Hmm.." She said as she investigates Pochita's body.

"You smell familliar..." Pochita stated tired, questioning her presence.

"The same goes to you." The lady responded to his statement "Did you do this?" she asked him, pointing towards the dead zombie devil and mutilated zombie corpses.

Before Pochita could respond to her question he starts to slowly fall backward. 'so.. tired..' he thought to himself, the lady quickly notices his motion and embraces him into a hug preventing him from his fall.

The chainsaws on his arms retract slowly. "You're a fiend, Are you not?" she asked him looking into his eyes intently. "Miss Makima, Do we kill this one?" The other man asked her.

"No we don't" Makima responded to him while looking at Pochita's figure.

Pochita looked at her weakly staring into her red and yellowish eyes.

"I came here to kill the zombie devil. I'm a public safety devil hunter" Makima told Pochita which causes him to sigh. "I've heard of you guys" Pochita told her.

Makima slowly lies Pochita down on her lap "You have two choices. One, be killed by me as a fiend." Pochita grunts at her offer with a look of frustration on his face. "Or two, Be kept by me sparing you in the process." Makima continued "Not only that but.. If you decide to take this offer, I'll give you food."

Pochita seemed to be in a deep thought after hearing her mention the word 'food', Remembering some of Denji's words from last night:

"I'll spread jam on sliced bread and eat it with you"

Pochita comes back to reality, looking at her tiredly.

"Food... What's for food?" He asked Makima weakly.

Makima places her hand on his chin, Thinking deeply. "Hm Let's see... Bread with butter jam.. Salad Coffee.. And.. Maybe dessert?" Pochita's eyes widen in glee as he hears the word 'butter jam' not caring much about the salad coffee and dessert.

"I'm all yours then." He chuckled slightly, in which Makima smiles at him.

---Timeskip---

Makima and Pochita are now sitting sitting in the back seat of the car, While the 2 men are sitting in the front driving them.

*gurrrrgle*

Makima's eyes turn over to look at Pochita, Who is looking at his stomach.

"Ah.. I forgot, Denji was hungry before he died.." Pochita stated in which Makima looks at him even more confused.

"Denji? Who may that be?" Makima asked him, Which Pochita quickly answers.

"My best buddy!" He responded while pointing to himself.

"I see.. I'm assuming that the corpse you took over is Denji's?" Makima looked into his eyes smiling. Pochita just nods at her assumption with a look of sadness on his face as he remembered that Denji, his buddy had died.

"Well the best you could do is fulfill his dreams." Makima stated in which Pochita just stares at her surprised that she knew what he was going to do. "You're like a devil y'know that?" Pochita told her before releasing a weak chuckle, Makima looks at him releasing a giggle, Which causes the 2 men to stare at them for a brief second before returning their eyes onto the road. "i'm starving..." he stated.