Chapter XXX - Finding The Real You

Kaeya still visited every single day, but he put more effort into himself this time.

Some days he'd surprise Albedo, show up in a suit, even with a rose.

Every time he did that he would always kneel down on one knee to Albedo, no matter if he was standing or not, and present the rose.

Both of them knew that neither cared about flowers, nor were roses any of their favourites, but roses meant love, didn't they?

Now that he thought about it, he had no idea what the other flowers meant. What if they were bad omens that Kaeya had no idea about?

After thinking about that, he had gone to Flora directly to ask. He did end up with an answer to what each and every flower represented, but all he could remember was that cecelia and calla lily were good.

Once he'd even tried to bring in a small lamp grass, but he took it back once he heard that Albedo couldn't sleep with its light.

Perhaps after this they could be happy...

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Today was one of those days, where Kaeya showed up all formal.

There was really no reason to do such a thing. But, he enjoyed how Albedo reacted to his outfits. He'd always slightly cover his mouth and chuckle, and Kaeya swore he could see his eyes sparkle with adoration.

Kaeya let this feeling of affection run through his veins, and it only increased when he grasped the door handle to Albedo's room.

He hugged a bouquet of flowers with his left arm. There were cecelia, roses and even calla lilies in there, hand picked by Flora herself.

He was only this dressed up because it was Albedo's release date. But what if something had gone wrong when he was away? After all, he had been going to work as usual recently, trusting that Albedo was getting better. But what if he wasn't? What would happen then?

His breath hitched as he involuntarily twisted the handle a little. Why was he so nervous all of a sudden?

Oh well, Albedo probably heard the noise, what difference would it make to open the door?

He twisted the handle once again, gaining more confidence as the creaking noise ended. The door opened and he walked in, welcomed by a warm air that smelled just a little like Albedo.

Albedo seemed to perk up at the sight of Kaeya, almost leaping out of bed to hug him. It was out of character, but who's to say that being excited is wrong?

"Here, darling."

Kaeya handed Albedo the bouquet, watching in adoration as Albedo admired each and every petal.

He watched as Albedo touched each flower with a feathery stroke, enjoying how Albedo smiled at the ones he especially liked. His face was slightly tinted red at the name, but it was nice nonetheless.

Almost ruining the moment, Barbara slightly pushed Kaeya trying to walk in, but he didn't fall over.

"As I said earlier, you're allowed to leave today. I just came here to remind you. May Lord Barbatos bless you!"

She disappeared without a second glance, leaving them to do almost whatever they pleased. So of course, Kaeya took advantage of it.

Kaeya took back the bouquet with one hand, and the other took Albedo's now empty hand.

He brought it up to his mouth, and he let his lips graze the skin of Albedo's wrist. Looking up with a smirk, Kaeya committed every last detail of Albedo's current face to memory.