Chapter 9: Things Are Not What They Seem

Lailah's P.O.V

So, just reviewing everything. I cant find anything that they could have missed. I mean, who am I kidding, I am a teenager taking care of stuff that people do in the mid-30s more or less.  Logan might not be here right now, but he can come in any second. Imagine him, on crazy mode and he finds out something ugly or simply just horrible and wants to take Lilly and Lindsey somewhere where all this drama does not exist. I don't even know what I am going to do about  Jaxen and that crazy girl that follows him around.

I stare longer at the pictures because there has to be something that nobody has seen before, there has to be a reason for everything. I am a 16 year old girl who might end up living alone if her brother decides to move. Hey! I am like 2 years away from graduating high school. Something had to be done... Okay, maybe I didn't have to pick up the pictures of their murder but, we're one step closer to finding their killer. I know it. It just has to be the truth.

I don't want to deal with Jaxen right now, he's like a complete different person. I get that he doesn't have siblings which is one of the reasons that I guess he'd want some white time, but he didn't need to lie. That girl, Aurelia.... I don't like her for a second but maybe she knows something that I don't what were they doing in the police department anyways. I don't get it.

Logan's P.O.V

Caught Lailah staring at pictures from the crime scene. I'm not uncomfortable it's just that usually you don't imagine your baby sister looking to find a killer, especially if the killer  had killed five of your family members.

That moment that I saw Jaxen, I knew who he was or better yet What he was. That stink of dog, I can recognize anywhere. He may not know who I am or what I do because frankly, Things are not always what they seem.  I just feel bad for Lailah because she has no idea what she is getting herself into. I lost my sister Lexi, whom I was super close with, and my twin brothers. I am not losing any more family members than I already had too.

I go into Lilly and Lindsey's room and ask them "Do you guys know Jaxen?"

To my surprise my youngest sister answers "Lailah's boyfriend?"

I try to keep the conversation going because most conversations with Lilly last about three minutes because her attention span is very little.

"Lilly, do you know Jaxen's number?" yeah, I know long shot . She nods her head, wow. I'm surprised that Lailah wasn't even that careful, oh right that's because she doesn't know or just doesn't have an idea of what's going on. Lilly gives me the number and I grab my phone, kiss her forehead and told her to go to sleep. Thank God that someone still listens to me & does as told.

I go into our living room and called this Jaxen. Better yet, this werewolf... I messaged him. I'm not gonna call him when I know that if Lailah comes out of her room she might know with whom I am speaking to.

-Hi. I'm Logan Carlisle. Brother of Lailah. But I guess you would've figured that out by now. look, I know who you are and what you are. Don't worry I'm not gonna tell Lailah that her boyfriend is a werewolf from the Starry Nightstalker Pack. Tell Mitchell I am going to try to keep Lailah as far as I can but for now, you stay away from her.

Didn't took long for doggy boy to answer. To my surprise, I don't think he is on Mitchell's side. He replied-

-Hey, I don't appreciate the immediate threat. Now, I understand why you looked like you wanted to kill me when you met me but I want you to know that I had nothing to do with The triple L murder three years ago. I didn't even now Lailah was close to the case until we started seeing each other and to my surprise she is really strong about it and she is really brave to face this like she has, I love Lailah. I don't think I'll ever be able to stay away from her, I'll try to keep her safe just like you... And as to my pack, leave them out of this. Some might be guilty for crimes but not all.  I might be in Mitchell's pack but I don't talk with him much. You'd have to tell him yourself. Thanks for confirming your supernatural knowledge. I'll keep that in mind.

Okay. Pretty convincing argument he has there. I bet Detective Nick knows something about this, maybe he has pictures he hasn't shown Lailah. That'd be extremely helpful but I don't have any idea if Lailah grabbed them all, knowing her, I bet she has them all under her bed or something. She usually loves privacy and just keeps everything to herself. Maybe if I contact one of her friends they'll know something. I guess I'm just desperate for answers just like her.

I don't reply to Jaxen because, why should I ? Great, I told him I know stuff about him and other supernatural creatures. I know all of this because of my parents, they taught me everything I know.

Jaxen's P.O.V

So, in the middle of the night I get a message from Lailah's big brother saying that I should stay away from his baby sister because he has to protect her. My pack is not something I take lightly nor bad news. After about 10 minutes I answered but after that he never wrote back. I wonder why...   

I call Aurelia to tell her what happened, but when I stood up I see a little girl. She was covered in some kind of paint, I ask...

"Hi, what's your name?"  She answers

"Jaxen?!?" I didn't recognize her until she started humming HAZY by Rosi Golan, I knew. I knew that, that was my Maya. How?

Hey Guys, I know this chapter was expected sooner but with all I had on my hands I couldn't. Remember to comment and vote and to message me if you guys find something that doesn't quite add up or some suggestions, or you just have something to say.

Anyways...

-Lilly OUT