Chapter 5: The Next Day

I woke up in the police department. Did I not go home? Oh, well... Logan must be worried but sincerely I am not in the mood for his unwanted attitude. Lily and Lindsey have me worried because even though I have not seen them since before our parents death, they were sad and tensed before. I sadly don't want to imagine now.

Jaxen enters the Police Department but he didn't noticed that I was three. Which I found quite curious. Who is that next to him? He doesn't have a sister... What the hell?  Jaxen goes to one of the desk and opens the drawer and takes out a shirt. He takes off his own shirt and puts on that he has in his hands and she is just staring at him as if he was eye candy. That kinda got me mad. But I just stood quietly, I didn't say a word beacuse what if he was cheating on me or something like that? Oh, please no. 

The girl moves closer to him and whispers something to Jaxen. He immediatly looks my way, I ducked down just in time but now he sees that the tv is still on with the pictures of the murder. Jaxen looks at the tv with a look of guilt. And the girl says to him, don't worry about it. We're gonna catch them. I'll take care of it. 

Who the hell is she talking about? In that moment I stand up and look at Jaxen but they are both faced away, their back are looking my way. I sit back down but I have a feeling that she knows I'm here. She looks at Jaxen and starts moving my way. I hold my breath, maybe I am breathing to hard and taking long breaths, they could hear me.  She keeps moving fowards me. I guess Det. Green's desk is not that helpful as I'd hope. She finds me, her eyes open up big and she grabs me by the arm and throws me against the wall. OUCH! I finally land on the floor and she screams at me.

"Who the hell are you?" she said.

I, still laying on the ground looking down, answer "I'd ask you the same question"

I sit correctly and Jaxen opens up his eyes up real big... 

"Lailah? What are you doing here?" he asked while walking towards me. But sadly, I was so cross (pissed) I didn't wanted to even answer him with calmness. 

"Answer me this. Who is she? and why is she staring at you with such eyes?"

The girl corrects her posture when I finish my question but she didn't speak. Neither of them did.

"You wanted to know what I was doing here? I was looking in into my parents murder, trying to see if they had missed something to see if I could help. But, now I can see you were enjoying yourself much more than I was" I said to them both.

Jaxen screamed my name before I reached the police department's door. 

"Her name is Aurelia" Jaxen said....

"The name is Aurelia McIntosh, but everyone calls Ariel"  the girl said. 

"Whatever.... All I know is that I slept in the police department and the next day I wake up to my boyfriend entering the same department with some girl I barely know. Talking about catching some guy. Look, umm... I need to go"

I leave... What the heck is going on?

Jaxen's P.O.V 

Lailah left and I was in the middle of a sentence and Aurelia laughed. 

"What the hell, Ariel?"

"What?" she laughed.

"Seriously? Now Lailah thinks i'm cheating on her... With you."

"Eww... no.  Wait 'till she finds out what our pack has been up to. She'll surely want to break up with you"

"You're a bitch, Ariel. You know that right?"

"I prefer to be a bitch, than be a werewolf without a pack... Unlike you."

"Shut up, Ariel. As long as Mitchell doesn't found out what Lailah knows, she will be okay."

"Whatever Jaxen. If you die it's your funeral. I will not keep protecting you, but I will help you find the guy that did this..."

"Go Ariel, I'll call you if anything happens"

"Ok.."

Ariel leaves, and I am left to think. I immediately go to Det. Green's office. Take the pictures that Lailah was looking at and literally lock the computers and tv's. I can't have Lailah find out the truth. I like her, like A LOT. With everything going on she is going to keep reaching further, and I know her now like the back of my hand... She is that stubborn girl that won't stop 'til she finds the truth but knowing her good enough means I know when she is going to ignore and block everyone away. That knowledge that she has can put her in different serious of danger , she can never know what I am.