Chapter 1: Three Years Ago

That was the day that everything changed. Please don't judge by the way I would express myself. Given the fact of all the things I've been through, this is the only way I have been able to deal with my situation. I remember that day as if it was today. My siblings were screaming at the top of their lungs, at least that's what they said. My name is Lailah, Lailah Carlisle. Believe it or not but it is not so easy being a 16 year old girl in New York City, specially after I've moved here five years ago from the UK. The tragedy that happened 3 years ago, 3 of my siblings were murdered.

My little brothers, Landen and Linley (they were twins) and my older sister Lexie. My parents have a thing with the letter L since they met. The police found my siblings in an alley, close to W 135th St. It was a homicide; Detective Nicholas Green worked the case. He told my family how they gfound them but my mum didn't want to know. My father was a whole other case. Lexie was shot twice in the heart and she was tossed next to Linley who was stabbed in the back, and they found Landen on top of all of them as if they were a bunch of junk.

Let's make that clear... THEY ARE NOT JUNK! I guess Det. Green is having a really hard time working all of this out. I have an internship there at the end of the month, luckly Det. Green is gonna keep an eye out for me. I am doing everything I can just to figure out what really happened to them. I have 3 more siblings. They're names are Lilly, Lindsey and Logan. We used to have a special day for ourselves, thanks to our parents. It was just us, the siblings all together, all 7 of us. But after the tragedy now is just the 4 of us. Lexie was the oldest then came Logan, Me, Lindsey, Landen, Linley, and then little Lilly.

Lexie was 20, she was so smart and she was engaged to this guy named Mitchell. We lost contact with him affter Lexie's death. She was going to be a pedriatic surgeon. The first one in our family, to be precise. She always wanted to be more than just that girl, who had to take care of her younger siblings. Landen and Linley were 10 years of age; they were the happiest kids I have ever met. they made me smile but they were a piece of work. That, they were... The saddest part of all is that after all that happened my mother doesn't even smile anymore. Tomorrow school starts and I will finally see my best friends. It will be interesting to see how I deal with everything tomorrow. I am finally in 11th grade. I would have to deal with my other siblings as well... We will have to see what I can do.