Chapter 3

Owen POV.

Ingrid had defiantly changed mine and the guy's life in a good way. I honestly don't know what I would do if she ever disappeared, got hurt or killed. She was my lifeline as cheesy as that sounds. I was hesitant at first when Sean introduced me and my brothers to her. I was afraid if they let their guard down, our empire would crumple to the ground. We had started our career in the Academy, but after Corey and Victor hacked into the Academy headquarters, we found out something that they desperately were trying to keep hidden. An undercover operation, selling and dealing with corrupted nations and dictators. Dealing weapons, girls, children and men to become soldiers in their battle.

We walked out of the Academy and went ghost. We started trying to take down the operation the Academy had installed, but it proved difficult. After being after them for nearly two years we finally took down the bastards who were responsible. We took them by surprise, which only added to the enjoyment of taking them out. We kept the main man responsible captive and tortured him for information. After a year he succumbed to his injuries, but not before giving us the information, we wanted. It was no more heads to take down.

We enjoyed the excitement we got from the hunt, much to our own frustration and guilt. Soon we became the people we once hunted.

Ingrid was a breath of fresh air. She didn't have much of a social web here in the states and we became intrigued with her. She was innocent but held her head high. She was determent and would not let anything get in her way towards her career. I took pleasure in that. When she came to talk to me months into us dating, she was so nervous, but still she somehow managed to get me riled up to the point I accepted her "demands" on me being more "human".

This day, the day she finally became ours by agreeing to moving in and finally moving her stuff in was supposed to be the best day of my life so far, but a phone call from Dr. Phil changed all that.

"We are out of cucumbers." Phil said once I answered the phone. This was code for 'shit's about to go down'. We knew something was up, but we didn't know what exactly. Phil was like a father to us, and even though we never involved him directly in our business, he was still really important to us gaining information outside of our mafia business.

"I will take a trip to the market." Was all I said. Phil talked for a little bit about other things to not make this sound suspicions incase somehow people have managed to tap our phones. Most likely Phil's phone.

When I entered into the house again, I could feel the atmosphere was thick with tension. This was something I was dreading, for Ingrid to know something about us was not all sunset and roses. We never told her about our "side business", she only knew us as something we wanted her to know.

"Okey, someone please tell me why you guys are so tens." Ingrid said making eye contact with every single one of us. Axel looked at me. They were all sitting down in the living room. Ingrid between Mark and Victor. Victor was holding on to her arm and gently stroking her skin up and down, while mark had a tight grip on her thigh.

Axel stood up and walked to stand beside me, giving me a small almost invisible nod. "We have something we have to do today regarding my business tonight." I said, taking a small brake to meet Ingrid's eyes. They were so beautiful, they reminded me of the crystal blue ocean. "I promise we won't take long, but we need to get going soon. I'm sorry my love." I was hoping me using her nickname would soften her up a little, but it didn't seem to help.

"What business Owen, maybe I can help you." She said a little hesitant but at the same time hopeful. "I'm sorry love, I just can't let you get involved in this, this is out of your knowledge." I tried being as wage as possible, but at the same time give her an excuse so she would drop it or except it.

She looked at me almost hurt. "Why aren't you telling me, has this something to do with why you always close your computer and walk away when you take a call. You can tell me if it's something bad." She almost pleaded. "Are you cheating on me?" She asked in a quiet voice. "No, I can promise you we are not cheating on you sweetheart." Axel said in a calm voice. "I didn't want to say anything, but it's a surprise." Axel continued. That was a good excuse, but I will never admit it to him, it would only boost his big ego.

"Okey, I will not push this matter anymore, but I would like to know what's going on with you and the computers." She crossed her arms over underneath her breasts resulting in pushing them up and a small amount of cleavage come visible. "I will tell you when we get back." Kota spoke up. She looked towards him and gave him a slight nod with a smile playing on her lips.

I signal for the guys to get their asses of the couch and start to get ready. They looked a little hesitant especially Luke, Corey, Gabe and Sean, but they all soon were on their way to go get ready.

It was going to be quick but bloody, capturing the men responsible for breaking our trust and killing them after we get the information we needed. They really though they could just walk over us and not get noticed.

After we got ready and was standing at he door getting ready to leave Ingrid rushed over, giving each of us a kiss on the lips and asking us to hurry up. She wanted to spend her first official night with us not alone.

I could feel my heart hurting for her, I didn't want to cause her any sadness.

"Come home quick, please. I will be waiting in the playroom for you." She yelled out after we got out and started to pile into different cars.