Copper, Gear, and Sand

Call Doc a mad scientist, call Doc a wizard, heck, call him God. He doesn't denied that bounding the law of universe, breaking it to it's limit are what he's capable of and doing for daily basis. You've heard of the story, of a mortal so strong God have to nerf him. Stripped that divine omnipotent power of him to a mere mortal-hybrid.

One foolish thing, is that God underestimated the power of knowledge. He may sealed his power, but Doc, fortunately, still have the knowledge of everything that he learn. The ‘concerningly accurate depiction of a human heart’ that Scar mentioned however, throw him off-guard in the most unsettling way.

Because for once, he knows that whoever did it is a deity. Yet the aura it gives were... Unfamiliar. Otherworldly. Hermitcraft doesn't have God protector. Sure there is a bunch of old Gods in Hermitcraft enjoying their retirement, but the mark they left on the code doesn't tickle him as anything but familiar.

It's an intruder. Doc has been thinking about it for the past few days, has been keeping an eyes out for the strange rock since the first time it ever shows up. Watched as few hermit passed by the rock, checking it out, in the end buying what it has to offered and coming back the next day.

It does not helped that their Admin stays mostly quiet about this. Doc trusted Xisuma with all his soul, and if the Voidwalker didn't mentioned anything nor called any specific meeting regarding the matter, Doc can safely assume the threat is far beyond what he's capable of, and are currently at a loss of trail.

With a mug of coffee in his hand, and the moon settled up in the black sky over the yonder, definitely in her respective size—Doc wait on his balcony. Wait and observe, wait and watched. Watched as if the boulder will, magically, grow a leg and moved on it's own. Even though he knows it will not go anywhere, there's no solid proof whoever designed it won't come back. Especially that it will take just so long for it to be re-stock.

Another hour passed, now the moon was perfectly on top of them, yet still no progress. At this point, he was getting sleepy, the lack of sleep from previous night once bite against his head. The caffeine didn't kick either. He's contemplating on going to sleep and just try to track whatever the hell the almost-non existence magic trail it left tomorrow or made another cup of coffee, until his eyes caught tails of red silhouette—moving in the dark.

Doc stiffen, his robotic eyes automatically scanned the unlit area (he should talk to Scar and Mumbo about that). The silhouette, now clearly a player-shaped shadow, stopped in it's track. Then, it twist it's head directly for him to faced it's sharp, violet eyes.

His muscle twitch, failing to snap his vision off those hypnotizing eyes. Long forgotten the first intention to grab another coffee, as his eyes were transfixed to the purple hue. Like chains, forcing him to stay still, stiff as a log. Force to stare at the eyes with strange rectangular pupils, glinting with magic under the dark, taunting him. Go on, blink. And I'll disappear.

He doesn't know how long he was stuck in those trance, for his mind was unaware that the moon has already began it's descend to dusk. Only for those who watch him knows how long it has been.

Thankfully, something distracted it from him, as it's attention fully snapped at the coming sound of explosion

Scar was blown up by creeper

The global chat ping with it's usual ringtone, sounding more heavy as both the rush and blood drained from his head. He doesn't know if he should thanked Scar for dying to a rather loud death or be scared on what the strange entity will do once he found the man. 

The moment Doc arrived at the Boulder-shaped shop, with Torch in hand. Monster cowered in fear for his arrival, as he only saw what remain of Scar's inventory in a crater, glinting under the dim light of torch, or perhaps the early sun as dusk came around. Doc whipped to the east, as the world basked in it's golden light of salvation. The undead cried as they burned to the touch. No red entity in sight.