˗ˏˋhim'ˎ˗

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

almost all figure skaters looked up to the boy. he shined so brightly under the spotlight of rinks, moving like a feather, even on sharp blades. he looked luxurious on the ice. everyone was jealous of him, how he was rich, played such a beautiful sport, was the son of the president, and so much more. 

but what surprised people the most what his personality. he had a cold aura. many fans found it attractive, though. some people thought it was just because his father was president, and he would obviously be busy all the time. he refused to partake in unimportant interviews, and when he wasn't on the ice, he usually wouldn't be in public. 

and this was one of those many moments where taehyun was snapping his red guards on, trying to look normal as he trudged to the boys' locker room. he pushed the metal door open, exhaling deeply before taking a seat on a bench. he tugged on his long black gloves, pulling them up further above his wrists. his head rested on the wall behind him. taehyun's whole body was sore, and he was so relieved to escape from the crowd of skaters on the rink. he reached over to his bag, hissing when his back ached in pain. after replacing his guards with his soakers, his skates were soon off his bruised feet and in his spacious bag. 

faint laughter interrupted his precious quiet time, reminding him to get ready to leave before his mother would throw another fit. as he wore his shoes, the door opened with a screech, and some skaters walked in. they threw looks at each other as their laughter slowly died down when they realised who was in the locker room. taehyun noticed their realisation and dug his nail into his thumb harshly. he finished tying his shoelaces and got up to leave. the boys quickly moved aside for him to walk through. 

he reached the door and gripped the handle before muttering, "you don't have to be scared of me." with that, he made his exit, tears filling up his eyes. why did he say that? he usually chose not to speak at all, but those rare times when he did, he would end up regretting it in humiliation. god, now, what he said would most likely travel around the rink and to his father's office. he gnawed at his bottom lip as he made his way to his driver's car.

 he got in the back seat and sighed, a million thoughts bottled up in his head. he saw his driver glance at him in the rear-view mirror, before focusing his eyes back on the road. taehyun shrugged it off and pulled his phone out of his bag. with shaking hands, he plugged his wired earphones in and played one of his many playlists. he rested his head on the headrest and let the music take over him, calming him down as he readjusted his loose gloves. 

why did everybody think he was perfect? it made him anxious, how people watched his every move as soon as he was a toddler. it was as if he messed up or didn't get first place in a competition, then he wasn't perfect and would be seen as a disgrace. it scared him, really. being seen as not enough. his whole life, he was seen as the angel child of kang daewon, who followed rules and was extremely mature from such a young age. 

he felt a teardrop make its way down his cold cheek and onto his lips. taehyun sniffled and licked the salty tear away, opening his eyes. his driver had pulled up into their giant driveway and parked smoothly, unlocking the car doors. it was late at night, he looked at his watch and saw that it was half-eleven. well, it was normal for him and other skaters to be at the rink until the sun went to sleep. 

now, it was time to go to bed and do the same exact thing tomorrow.

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺