˗ˏˋscared'ˎ˗

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

as soon as he stepped out of his dormitory, the boy was met with a freezing cold wind that could blow him away. his face scrunched up at the weather, and a light pink shade lay on the tip of his nose. he hugged his scarf around his neck and secured his bag straps as he made his way to the education campus.

choi beomgyu was an education major. his dream was to be a teacher. he didn't care what people thought, he just wanted to provide kids with a good education, unlike the strict teachers he grew up with. that career was also great for him since he loved meeting new people, especially children. you best believe everyone in his college has at least heard of his name before. if not, they know him. he had a kind heart, and you could recognise his smile in a crowd even if you weren't close to him. he was just one of those people you couldn't help but love.

"beomgyu!" he heard yeonjun call out, skipping over to him with soobin following behind.

"hey, hyung," he exclaimed with a cute grin. they continued walking to their campus after dapping each other up.

choi yeonjun and choi soobin were two of beomgyu's best friends, whom he loved very much. they, along with huening kai kamal, met because they were all in the same major, which beomgyu was grateful for since they could all relate to one another. they met on their first day of college, and from there, they kind of just built up their friendship. they were inseparable. they all relied on each other and were always there for each other.

"look, there's kai," soobin nudged the boys, pointing at the fluffy-haired giraffe in the distance. the trio shared a sneaky look, and immediately knew what had to be done. they all inched forward toward the boy carefully, and on a count of three from soobin's fingers, yeonjun crept up behind him and gripped his shoulders suddenly,

"boo!" he yelled directly in kai's ear. kai yelped at the surprise and turned around quickly, only to be met by his best friends trying to hold their laugh in. beomgyu's ears hurt from how hard he was trying to shut his mouth. soobin's shoulders shook at the amount of force it took not to burst out laughing, not when kai had this girly type of scared look on his face.

"let's go, shall we?" yeonjun let out with a deep exhale. kai stomped forward grumpily, hearing snickers come from the trio behind him. soobin ran behind kai and hugged his shoulders, tilting his head annoyingly.

"come on, huening, you can't always be pissed whenever we scare you," soobin nagged, playfully hiding his head in kai's neck as they trudged along the light layer of snow on the concrete. yeonjun and beomgyu were having their conversation on the side, probably about how irritating their professors were. kai couldn't help the smile threatening to appear on his face, and he glanced at soobin endearingly, showing his forgiveness. soobin slung his arm over his shoulder, now walking next to him.

"guys, did you hear about that one psychology major? kim... kim taehyung?" kai asked, earning a playful smack to his head from yeonjun,

"kang taehyun? i've heard of him. apparently he's the son of the president. people say he's a bitch. i don't think so, though. he just looks... scary." yeonjun corrected.

"yeah, him. anyway, people are talking about how he had a huge freakout in the middle of his class yesterday. i think something happened to him." kai explained.

"i mean, he's still here. i don't think anything happened." beomgyu said.

"well, yeah, but his dad's the president after all. poor boy, he's probably overwhelmed." soobin thought out loud.

"hey, we don't even know him. maybe he's ill or something." yeonjun said as they reached their campus. they were welcomed by the smell of candles coming from the lounge table. they all took a seat as they still had some time before their first class started.

"ugh, i really don't feel like seeing mr hong's face today," beomgyu whined. the boys agreed and clicked their tongues. soobin yawned, catching sight of something in the corner.

"what's up with him?" he asked, tilting his chin in the direction of a hallway. the boys followed his sight and saw a boy curled up against the wall of another hallway.

"what if something's wrong? come," yeonjun stepped up first, running up to the body. there was nobody else in the hallway, giving them some privacy. the boys followed behind yeonjun, peeking above his shoulders to see what was going on. the figure twitched and shook every few seconds.

"what type of paranormal ghost shit..." kai muttered.

"shut up," beomgyu nudged him. they all crouched down to inspect him.

yeonjun shook his shoulder slightly, "hey, are you okay?"

the boy's eyes opened slowly, he was breathing heavily. he suddenly sat up, looking at them with trembling eyes. the boys stared at him curiously. he had black hair drenched with sweat. he wore a suit, but he looked no older than 19. their eyes softened. suddenly, he began scratching his hands violently, with little amounts of blood seeping out of the back of his palms. the boys looked at each other worriedly.

"are you okay?" beomgyu repeated. after getting no answer, he asked, "what's your name?"

the boy gulped, "k-kang-" he breathed out. he looked at all of them, hoping they would understand him.

"taehyun?" soobin guessed.

kang taehyun nodded frantically. "anxiety- anxiety attack-" he tried to word out. they quickly understood and helped him up. kai patted his back reassuringly as they hurriedly took him to the boys' bathroom. beomgyu pushed the door open, holding it for the squad. as soobin helped wash taehyun's bleeding hands, beomgyu tried to steady his breathing. taehyun looked at beomgyu desperately, searching his eyes. he zoned out for a second then his eyebrows furrowed. suddenly, he backed up from the sink, looking at everyone, terrified.

the boys were extremely confused. why was the son of the president so scared? why was he in the education building? why did he look so horrified?

taehyun walked backwards until he hit a stall door. he shook his head violently, yelling, "don't do this to me- please!" he sobbed, gripping his blazer as if to keep it on him. the rest looked at each other, concerned. taehyun glanced at the door and took one more look at them before dashing out of the bathroom. the boys just stood there shocked.

"what-what the fuck just happened?" kai questioned.

beomgyu answered,

"i don't know, but something's not right."

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺