˗ˏˋlow iron'ˎ˗

two weeks later

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

finally! beomgyu thought as he saw the bus stop in the distance. he limped to it, wincing in pain. the rain poured heavily and soaked up his shoes. his hair was drenched and he got goosebumps from the cold.

a week ago, beomgyu rolled his ankle playing badminton. right now, he was returning from a pc-bang with his high school friends, unaware of the gloomy weather. his crutches dragged along the wet concrete awfully slowly, making him impatient. he reached the bus stop and sat down with an audible sigh, laughing to himself. beomgyu took out his phone with pruney fingers and dialled his mom,

"mommy, i'm going to be a bit late. you can start the party, though. i won't take that long," he spoke into the phone. it was his dad's birthday and he thought he was going to make it there fast, but with the pain of his ankle and the heavy rain, it looked like he was going to take longer than he thought.

"cupcake, are you in the rain?" his mom asked worriedly.

"no, mommy. i managed to get under a bus stop right when the rain started. i'll catch a bus and be home as soon as possible, okay?" he assured her with a smile, even though she couldn't see it.

"alright, then. you be careful. love you." she exclaimed.

"mm, hugs and kisses. love you too." he ended the call by blowing a kiss into his microphone and gripped the bench under him out of boredom. he dried his hands on his damp pants, making them less slippery. beomgyu played games on his phone as he waited for the bus to come, but it never came. after about ten minutes, he put his phone away and groaned in impatience, "ugh, it's never going to come," he whined to himself, looking down the sidewalk.

surprisingly, he caught sight of two people walking down the empty road. he squinted his eyes, their faces finally coming into view.

beomgyu gasped, "taehyun!" too loudly, making his bodyguard step in front of him to protect him. "it's me, choi beomgyu," he got up and walked towards them, making an uncomfortable face under the rain. taehyun lifted his face from under the black umbrella, raising a brow amidst his poker face.

beomgyu thought for a second before looking up at him hesitantly, "do you mind dropping me off at my house? i rolled my ankle the other day and i need to make it to my dad's birthday party but the bus won't come." he requested. taehyun's bodyguard looked at him, waiting for an answer. beomgyu observed as one of taehyun's big hands slowly made its way to his bodyguard's. he tapped his guard's hand. beomgyu's eyes widened when the bulky guy gave him his umbrella, shielding him from the drizzle. he watched as the man nodded and lead the way. he was very confused as to why they weren't talking. well, he'd expected that from taehyun, but his guard too? either way, he knew better than to question them, so he followed them to their limousine.

---

beomgyu carefully got in the fancy car, placing a white towel on the seat under him. he typed in the address on taehyun's guard's phone, sitting back in his seat. beomgyu rested his injured leg on top of his healthy one, ruffling his now-damp hair. he bit his lip in guilt for making taehyun's guard get wet, "um, i'm sorry that i made you give me your umbrella.." he apologized in a small voice. the man looked at him in the rearview mirror, nodding with a thin-lipped smile. beomgyu glanced at taehyun, seeing him look for something in his skating bag, "oh, you had practice?" beomgyu asked.

taehyun didn't understand why beomgyu spoke so casually with him as if they'd known each other for a long time. however, he surprisingly found comfort in that. people would always had to speak to him honorifically.

"yes," taehyun answered, finally finding his pills. on the label of the bottle, the words read,

iron bis-glycinate

"hm?" beomgyu made a puzzled face, causing taehyun to look at him. "you have low iron, but you figure skate?" he asked.

"i don't have a choice," taehyun whispered, beomgyu nodded. he pulled his red water bottle out, gulping the supplements down. beomgyu observed his adam's apple, tilting his head. taehyun noticed his gaze but ignored it. they sat there in silence. it wasn't awkward, but it wasn't so comfortable either. just in the middle. beomgyu's phone rang from his pocket, making taehyun jolt in surprise. beomgyu picked up, speaking into his phone,

"i'm almost there. you're done setting up the living room, right, mommy?" taehyun looked at him after the nickname, his inner self lighting up.

"i'll check if dad's car is parked outside, okay? mm, i'll see you there. love you too," he ended the phone call, beaming at taehyun. the other looked away, gripping his pants in awkwardness. beomgyu noticed that and scooted a bit farther from him in his seat, making sure he was comfortable. a few minutes after, they arrived and beomgyu got out of the car discreetly, bowing to taehyun and his guard.

he held the door open, and in an adorable and high-pitched voice, he said, "taehyun, i'll see you soon, maybe?"

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺