˗ˏˋworth a try'ˎ˗

three days later

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

sighs were heard as taehyun leaned his head back on the concrete wall, cracking his knuckles. his wired earphones offered him comfort, filling his ears with music. he was sitting at the back of the college, where only birds came and left occasionally. whistles left his mouth as he observed his exposed arms. he rolled his sleeves back down, grabbing his gloves, but his gloves weren't there. he could've sworn he only took them off when he arrived at the back of the college. taehyun patted the ground behind him, getting up and frowning when they weren't in his sight. 

he frustratedly flounced around the building, reaching the front. his steps halted when he saw the number of students outside, but he shook the thought off and made his way inside, his usual, cold expression back on his face. people moved aside and bowed their heads in his direction, admiring his beauty. taehyun arrived at the class he was in before and knocked on the door nervously. he opened the door hesitantly and scanned it before his eyes landed on the black silk. 

after wearing his gloves and leaving, taehyun made his way out of the psychology campus. he caught sight of that very familiar friend group which helped him sometimes. honestly, he really didn't want to get close to them or even talk to them, but after they've shown actual respect by trying to help him out, he decided he wasn't going to shut them down every time they tried talking to him. however, right now he just wanted to spend his free time alone and peacefully. 

"just go tell him! just try, soobin, go," taehyun heard whisper yells and pushing coming from the group, and tried not to look at what they were doing. a tap on his shoulder made him take an annoyed deep breath. soobin was standing next to him, a small smile displayed on his face. 

"hi! um, i don't know if you want to, but would you like to join us in the garden? it's totally okay if not, we just want to know you better. ...if that's okay with you?" soobin asked hesitantly. taehyun looked around, thinking. should he try to join them? everything in him was telling him no, but he had a gut feeling that maybe they would actually accept him and not just see him as the son of the president, or a famous figure skater.

taehyun nodded, seeing the surprised looks on the rest of the group's faces. soobin looked back at them for a second before speaking again, 

"okay! that's-- that's great! come on,"

---

the boys settled in the garden, behind the giant tree. yeonjun and kai sat on the grass, soobin lay on his stomach, and beomgyu lay on his back. taehyun sat against the tree, observing their conversations. he didn't even know why he said yes to hanging out, but it was worth a try. maybe, just maybe, if they got close, taehyun would tell them what he's been going through. then again, who knows if they would tell everybody about it? he pushed the thought aside and continued inspecting them. 

taehyun looked at every single one of them, wondering how their life was so great. every day, he would think about how nice life would've been if he wasn't seen as such royalty. he would be a normal figure skater. not one that is deeply feared. 

taehyun sighed, peering over at the boy with dark red hair who had now sat up. beomgyu looked up at the sky, giggling at yeonjun's remarks. his breath hitched when he retreated his head and saw taehyun's sharp gaze on him. he gulped, looking back at taehyun with wide eyes. taehyun closed his eyes and leaned his head back on the tree. 

"no but, who would thirst over just muscles? there needs to be something else that's attractive too, y'know," yeonjun defended. kai's mind went back to when yeonjun was obsessing over taehyun's body on facetime, and he looked at him with a goofy smirk. 

yeonjun stared back at him for a second before yelling, "don't look at me, fuckass!" his eyebrows furrowed. beomgyu and soobin broke into a fit of laughter, slapping each other with every wheeze. kai snorted, clapping messily.

"i mean, you can't blame him," soobin added, gesturing to taehyun, who was behind him.

"stop being weird, soobin. have some manners," yeonjun scolded.

"hey! look who's talking, creep," soobin said. yeonjun rolled his eyes in response, groaning. 

---

tuning out the groups' chatter, taehyun checked his watch, internally gasping when he saw the time. he got up and saw how everybody looked up at him. he dug his nails deep into his palm, feeling judged by their confused stares. his hands gestured to his watch, showing that he had to leave. they all nodded understandingly and bowed their heads. taehyun bowed back, walking away.

beomgyu immediately pointed at taehyun when he was leaving, "woah, even his back is muscular.." he gasped. the rest followed his sight and giggled in admiration.

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺