˗ˏˋcurious'ˎ˗

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

a cheeky smile was plastered on beomgyu's face as he was peppered with kisses, "mommy you're tickling me," he giggled. 

his mom stopped attacking him and held his face in her hands, "i'm seriously so proud of you, cupcake," she exclaimed before pulling her son into a hug.

beomgyu's voice came out muffled as his face was buried in his mother's fuzzy sweater, "alright, alright. thank you but i have to leave now," they let go after a while and he began putting his test papers back in his bag. beomgyu had just announced to his mom that he got the second-highest grade for his english essay, and she couldn't be happier. she never cared that much about high grades, but whenever beomgyu would get them, she would always express her appreciation towards him. beomgyu had been getting attacked for the past three minutes by his mom's kisses. he told her he needed to leave to get out of the suffocating hugs, but inside, he wanted to stick by her side for the rest of the day and welcome all her kisses. 

as he was zipping up his bag, he looked up when his dad entered the living room, "my son," he overemphasized playfully, holding his arms out. beomgyu got up and wrapped his arms around his father in a sulky manner. his dad looked down and beomgyu stared up at him, chin resting on his chest, "going to the park again?"

beomgyu hummed in response, grinning.

"right, you get going and be careful," his dad patted his back and let go, giving him a peck on his cheek.

beomgyu grabbed his wallet and phone from the coffee table and went to the front door. he clumsily put on his shoes without his hands, grunting when the back of his shoe would fold. his shoes were on and he waved goodbye to his parents. he headed out and started making his way to the park. 

---

beomgyu arrived and immediately spotted his group sitting by their usual spot, which was next to the swings in the corner. he beamed at them as he jogged over to the swings. 

"aye, gyu!" soobin called. beomgyu had made himself comfy on the grass and settled in between his taller friends. 

"bro, i would kill for some maccies right now," kai complained. 

yeonjun hummed, focusing on the nail he was chewing on. soobin noticed this and leaned over, pushing yeonjun's hand out of the way. yeonjun looked up at him guiltily, and soobin smiled sweetly at him. 

beomgyu laid back on the grass, using his arms as a pillow. he squinted his eyes from the blinding sun and kicked his feet playfully. the rest of them joined beomgyu and all laid down next to each other, eyes stinging from the intense light. 

"i..." yeonjun started, "i can't stop thinking of kang taehyun," the boys stayed quiet, "i think we need to get closer to him if we want to help him."

kai replied, "don't you think we should just tell the principal or the counsellor? they'd be able to help him more than we can,"

"i don't know. i think we should just help him, and if he tells us what's wrong, then we talk to someone." soobin suggests. they hummed in response. they all became quiet at the small conversation.

the sound of bang snaps being thrown interrupted their comfortable silence. they all observed kai, who sat up immediately. everyone sat up and rubbed the boy's back, sharing a worried expression. beomgyu pulled kai into a hug, caressing his fluffy hair.

kai had always had a fear of loud noises. he was extremely ashamed of it, as he could never celebrate new years with fireworks or pop confetti cannons at birthdays. this started ever since his mother was diagnosed with an intermittent explosive disorder. she would always have anger bursts and likely throw things. it became a bad habit, and their house would look like it had been flipped around. fourteen-year-old kai had grown up in a household where all he could hear was plates breaking, tables flipping, and everything being wrecked. this led to him developing a fear of loud noises. 

droplets of sweat ran down kai's temples. he pulled away from beomgyu and wiped his tears. soobin held his face in his hands, covering his ears. the sounds had stopped, but kai would often still hear them. soobin connected their foreheads, making him close his eyes and calm down. yeonjun fetched water from his backpack and handed it to them.  

"shh, it's okay. it stopped, we're here," soobin comforted. after a few more reassuring whispers, he had stopped crying and hiccuped now and then. they decided that they should all go home since the atmosphere had become a bit blue and none of them were comfortable. they bid their byes and left. 

although he didn't want to, beomgyu kept thinking about taehyun. he hated whenever somebody wasn't in a happy state. it wasn't beomgyu's place to make sure he was, but there was something about taehyun that worried him a lot. his eyes looked like they were screaming 'help'. whenever taehyun would look at him, beomgyu's heart ached. he looked so desperate. he really wants to get closer to him, and he surely will.

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

sorry for the weird chapter my writer's block is insane rn <3 i'll be triple updating as an apology !