˗ˏ'unexpected'ˎ˗

a week later

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"i want the fluffy blanket," yeonjun demanded.

"no, i'm taking it. sorry," kai said with a sarcastic smile.

"no, you aren't,"

"yes, i am,"

"give me it before i beat your ass,"

kai stuck his tongue out and made a run towards the door, yeonjun chasing after him instantly.

"why does yeonjun act younger than kai when he's the oldest?" beomgyu asked, genuinely curious.

"the question goes for you too, beomgyu," soobin sighed.

"hey! i'm not as childish as yeonjun is,"

"you sure about that?"

"ugh! shut up," he pouted, stomping to the kitchen.

soobin giggled, hiding his face beneath his hands in the victory of annoying beomgyu.

---

"why did taehyun say he couldn't come?" beomgyu asked.

"he has a meeting to attend," soobin said. beomgyu hummed in response, getting under his blankets. they were currently having a sleepover at soobin's house, and they asked taehyun if he was down but he said he was busy. yeonjun and kai were fast asleep as they were tired after chasing each other around the house.

beomgyu and soobin lay there for a few seconds, staring up at the ceiling even though the room was pitch black. unsurprisingly, beomgyu caught himself trying to breathe with soobin congruently, matching every inhale with his. it didn't go unnoticed by soobin, and he giggled.

"what?" beomgyu asked.

"that's so cute,"

"what is?" he said, pretending he didn't know what soobin was talking about.

"the way you're matching my breathing,"

"i'm not, though,"

"yes, you are,"

"no, i'm not,"

"yes, you–" soobin immediately shut himself up when he heard the blankets shuffling from beside him; yeonjun almost woke up. they clasped their hands over their mouths, both giggling quietly.

"shut the fuck up," yeonjun muttered, throwing the blankets over his head. soobin braced himself, closing his eyes in an attempt to fall asleep instead of getting scolded by the old man next to him.