Chapter - 78

Recap: Ishwar refuses Nancy to go bring Anika back.

****************

Ishwar reached the office and walked in long strides to reach his room. Lilly rushed behind him and greeted him only to receive a curt nod in response. His jaws were gritting and his face reflected nothing but fury which made her gulp to face him. Jerry entered and saw Lilly hesitating to speak to him and started the conversation.

Jer: Lilly, get coffee for boss and also get all the appointments for today. 

Lily excused and came back with a coffee and placed it before Ishwar who sipped but next second he dumped in the trash can and took the file from the desk.

Ish: Should I take your appointment to know my schedule Ms. Lilly ?

Lil: sorry boss, we have a review meet today on the ongoing projects and HR departments wants to meet you on recruiting more employees for the central government project. they have placed the requirements based on the inputs from the project managers and Techincal team.

Ish: and ?

Lil: The election for the president of the Association of builders and contractors is in 4 days boss. Your nomination has been filed already. As an existing president and nominee you are expected to join the board meeting and results are on the same day.

Ish: Clear of the schedule for that day and Inform Nancy to take over the meeting with HR. Call up the project leads for the review meet in the next one hour with every details. 

Lil: sure boss.  We have new clients from Jaipur for construction of heritage type buildings for tourist attraction and they want designs prior to sign up us.

Ish: Bull shit, no designs will leave this office before signing up. Call them and be strict that they can have a look on our previous projects and later they can decide if they want to work with us but we are not sketching prior to them.

Lil: Sure boss. The plants which you have ordered for Anika madam has arrived at the site boss. Just want to confirm if we can proceed with the plans or do you any changes ?

Ishwar turned his gaze to the side where Anika's table was set. The empty seat remainded him of Anika sitting and leaning on the table playing with the paper weight.  

He waved his hand to dismiss Lilly who left immediately and he moved to the couch and laid on it just reminiscing the sight of Anika sleeping on it with her parted lips and him kissing her senselessly. He took the chocolate wrapper doll and butterfly which was made by Anika after she finished eating them.

" Mama, if you give me chocolate I will work or I will just keep playing all day like this and I will not let you work too. Decide what you want and remember you have a meeting in 30 minutes

Ishwar remembered how she blackmailed him to get chocolates when he refused to buy chocolate for her as she had started eating too much of chocolates. He got suddenly and left his room while Lilly started running behind him.

Lil: Boss 10 more minutes left for meeting.

Ish: Let them wait until I m back.

He took the keys from the driver and started driving to the nearest hyper market not before hiding his face with his handkey. He moved to the chocolate section and saw all the variety of chocolates and picked the choco stick box and then moved to the stuffed toys section and picked a cute teddy with sorry and I love you. He paid the bill and returned to his car and placed the doll in his back seat and reached his office. He placed the choco stick box on her table and before he could enter the meeting room he received a call from Boris.