s i x t e e n

Chapter Sixteen: True Blue

Alena Wesker grunted as the tentacle that had her around the waist pulled her through the blazing fire and brought her back to the Umbrella's most powerful and latest creation.

The Nemesis T-Type.

The tyrant brought her closer and its hideous mutated face contorted in frustration-- it huffed before letting out the loudest roar right at her, its spits splattered all over her face. "S.T.A.R.S.!!" 

Well, it didn't seem happy. 

The grip it had on her tightened and her bones cracked under the force-- though, she choked out a painful chuckle and shook her head, finding it hilarious that she managed to fool it for being Jill. "I think you got the wrong person, buddy." She taunted him, blood dripping from her lips.

That appeared to anger it even more and the creature whipped its tentacle to the side, throwing her as if she was just some trash-- Alena felt her spine snap when her back hit the brick wall of the next building, and she didn't have the time to reach for anything that could break her fall.

Her head smacked onto a fire escape, and she almost had her grip on the metal rail but due to the rain, her fingers slipped and she continued to fall ten stories high-- a loud crack of bones accompanied by splashes of water echoed the atmosphere as her body hit the tarred ground. 

...

Alena had always fonded of the rain-- the feeling of the raindrop falling onto her hand, the gentle cold touch of it as it slithered across her skin, how simple things such as those could be so beautiful and yet so important. Somehow, the rain gave a sense of peacefulness within her.

Her hand was out from the shield of the black umbrella, Alena smiled as she watched the raindrop slip down from her hand and ripple the puddle of water-- pedestrians were walking past her, cars were driving through and honking one another but the blonde woman was only fixated on the constant sound of the rain while standing at the entrance of the police station.

"Hey..." Her smile widened at the familiar voice. Soft gentle fingers sneaked through her own, intertwining their hands together, and Alena turned her head to see a pair of blues looking at her with such adoration in them. "How long have you been waiting? Why didn't you come inside?"

 Alena's lips stretched into a goofed grin as she pulled the brunette closer, bringing the umbrella to protect them from the rain. "Wouldn't want to interrupt your lovely date with the Chief."

Jill Valentine rolled her eyes at the tease and smacked softly on Alena's shoulder which made the woman chuckle. "You're so annoying, do you know that?" -- despite that, she felt relieved that her interview with the Chief had finally ended, the old man would never stop bothering her. 

Especially since the incident where she had miscalculated the detonation time and caused the death of an innocent man. Jill would never forgive herself for that... it haunted her every night. 

Alena had been supportive; she helped her find the best therapist in town and would wait for her session to end even though it would sometimes take two hours, and she would always stay throughout the night when Jill had her nightmares, whispering sweet and comforting things. 

And Jill was grateful to have her.

The brunette woman linked their arms together and leaned her head against Alena's shoulder, smiling in contentment at the moment. 

Alena smiled down at her. "Home?"

"Home."

The older woman led them to the black Ford Mustang which she had parked across the road—Alena opened the passenger door for Jill and closed it once she had entered the car, before running to the other side and hurriedly closing the umbrella, as she got into the driver's seat.