Chapter 7: The Scarlet Mage

Our band of three finally make it to Frostmill Isle, the place is not really an island, it's said to be a massive glacier that has been floating around the War seas for as long as it's existed, though it seems that said glacier has stopped right in the Bronze Sea and has made it its home and so have the people living on it, but anyways...

The three soon stop the ship on the docks, getting off to greet the cold air, and all three of them immediately get chilly, they then start looking around for Hallfrid and quite easily find him as he was just hanging around the entrance of the island, the crew soon approach him

Hallfrid: "'Ey there, how can I help ya?"

Kala: "Chief Alfarin sent me"

Hallfrid: "Yer from Redwake? Ya don't look like it...the chief must really trust ya if he sent yeh after me"

Vera: "Hi Hallfrid ^^, you look tired"

Hallfrid: "Vera? you finally left home huh, this yer boyfriend or somethin'?"

Vera: "Wat-" a slight blush appears on her face

Kala: "I'm her wha-" he soon gets clocked by Vera again, he hisses in pain once more while holding his head

Vera: "Anyways, You do remember why you're here right Hallfrid?"

Hallfrid: "About the rumors right, Eh, I nearly forgot tha's the reason I'm even 'ere. When I arrived 'bout a week ago, I got all the answers within a day, 'n I been stuck here since."

Vera: "What was it about if you can share it with us?"

Hallfrid: "Well, the folks're sayin' that the island was cursed recently, and it's causin' the island to melt faster than normal. When the chief heard, he sent me to learn more 'bout it to find out if Redwake was in danger of the curse. When they told me it wasn't, I stopped caring. Now I just wanna go home..."

Kala: "That's selfish..." Vera nods in agreement

Hallfrid: "True, but we got no reason to tamper with this island's affairs. Ya see that banner with the flamin' sword over there? It means they're sworn to the Ravenna Realm, the kingdom of the Bronze Sea, Redwake is sworn to the Sameria Province, so if we helped Frostmill out, we'd be doin' a disservice to our own protectors."

Vera: "But there's no reason to not try and help them right Hallfrid??"

Hallfrid: "Kid, there are just some things we can't control...Anyhow, if yeh care about this curse they're talkin' about, yeh should prob'ly go speak with Mayor Owin. Yeh can find 'im somewhere in town. I'm gonna gather my things and set out as soon as I can."

Vera: "I see...well safe travels Hallfrid"

Hallfrid: "You too Vera, and you, the one the Chief sent fer"

Kala: "Me?"

Hallfrid: "Take care of her for us, she can get a little carried away"

Vera gives the man a death stare and he just blurts out that he just wants the best for her, they wave the man goodbye before going off explore the town a little more, they all see the citizens going on with their daily lives wearing heavy fur coats and pants due to the natural weather of the area, Kala goes to the shipwright to negotiate repairs while Vera and Edward Kenton go off to do whatever, Edward Kenton takes someone's fishing request and goes down to the ice floes to do fishing, meanwhile Kala and the Shipwright are negotiating

Kala: "It's just a few holes does it have to cost that much"

Shipwright: "Those few "holes" are the size of ice lake fishing pits! no changing the cost"