10 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐮𝐝𝐞𝐫

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Y/n had finally reached her cottage in the evening time after a long day of work

It was quiet in her home and she knew that Akaza had probably gone out for his demon duties. She was unsure what it was but never asked him.

Once she was done with her chores in her garden, she took a much-needed bath and ate some food. She stretched, feeling glad that she was finally home. Of course, she didn't mind taking care of her patients, but sometimes she liked to have time for herself.

Now that she was free for the rest of the night, she retired to her bedroom. Opening the window, she lay on her side, reading through a book.

The night was quiet, with only the sound of crickets in her garden. The weather was chilly and the moon was completely hidden by dark clouds.

She had nothing but her lamp to light her room as she read.

Suddenly, the crackling of leaves and twigs caught her attention.

Y/n raised her eyebrow, looking up from her book with interest. 'Is it Akaza-san?'

The sound of an animal cry was heard from the front of her house and she sat up.

A small frown arose on her face as she heard yet another cry.

She stood up, holding her lamp. Shutting her window, she carefully walked towards the front door with a lamp in one hand and her katana hanging around her hip.

You could never be too careful.

Sliding open the door, she walked out cautiously. Looking around, she caught sight of the small creature a little ahead.

Hurrying towards it, Y/n's stomach curled at the sight.

It was a tiny fawn.

It had a large scratch on its stomach and its intestines were spilling out. Blood pouring all over the ground as it let out another pained sound.

The woman covered her nose at the horrid smell, frowning at the sight.

What disgusting creature could hurt something so innocent?

Y/n moved her hand away and looked around, her face stern and cold. She may not be an extremely skilled fighter but it was enough to allow her to get to safety if needed.