26 𝐓𝐫𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐀𝐯𝐨𝐢𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐈𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

When Y/n finished with work for the day, she was packing up when she noticed that Akaza had not come out all day

Was he still, sleeping? That's odd.

She walks into their bedroom, sliding open the door. She stops at the entrance when she sees Akaza sitting at the patio of their window, back facing her, staring out at the cold snowy night.

He does not turn to look at her, despite him clearly knowing she's there.

Y/n frowns slightly, noticing his tense shoulders. She walks closer, standing right behind him. She is about to speak when she freezes as her eyes go to the syringe placed right next to Akaza. The breath seemed to have been pulled out of her lungs and she felt a sinking feeling in her gut.

Akaza turns to look at her, expression stoic yet the intensity in his eyes is clear, "Care to explain?" He says in a dry way, jaw clenched. Yet, despite the obvious signs of anger, he's willing to hear her out.

He'd sat there for hours, thinking. His mind had gone to various possibilities. He even found himself wondering if he had been betrayed.

No, he knew Y/n. She never did anything unless she had a good reason.

Akaza stares at Y/n stoically, composed. Despite his gaze not being hostile, she could feel his displeasure. She sighs and sits down next to him, face serious.

"It's not what you think," She says softly, keeping her expression calm. She knew what he was thinking and she didn't want things to turn into a heated argument.

Akaza stays silent and stares at her, waiting.

Y/n begins the story from the very beginning, "It started back at the demon train... I met a young demon slayer and his sister, a demon. One that didn't eat humans.."

Akaza did not look surprised. He remembers the incident with the train and cringes inwardly.

She continued, "I spoke to her brother during my stay at the Demon Slayer headquarters... He told me that his sister would use sleep as a means to stop her hunger cues. And it got me thinking.." She sighs as she looks at her lover, "It made me wonder if it was possible for you too..."

"A few weeks ago when I went to Tokyo for business, the doctor I met was Tamayo-san, a demon you might be familiar with.." Y/n pauses, biting the inside of her cheek.

She knew that Lady Tamayo was considered a traitor to the Demons. And she knew how Akaza felt about traitors.

"She told me how she escaped Kibutsuji's control. And asked if it were possible to bring a bit of your blood to help her create an antidote... Which is what the syringe was for."

"What kind of antidote?" Akaza asks, raising an eyebrow.

"One that could potentially turn a demon back into a human" She softly replies.