13 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐔𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐥𝐝

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆- 𝐃𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐥𝐮𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞, 𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭, 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐞

𝐬𝐞𝐱𝐮𝐚𝐥 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐮𝐥𝐭, 𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐫𝐞.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Seventeen-year-old Y/n sighed in contentment inside her father's office for her nightly lessons. He'd always taken this free time to tutor her as she was his apprentice.

She stirred the pot, the smell of medicinal herbs wafting in the air. Her father wrote down notes for her and watched intently to make sure that the ointment didn't split.

He hummed, satisfied by the texture, and turned the stove off, "There we go, now we just need to let this get to room temperature before mixing the ground seeds," He said, as she covered the pot to let it set.

Y/n loved moments like these. Her father was an introvert like her and the two could spend hours without even feeling the need to talk.

She turned to her father, he was an older man who always wore a simple suit. His hair was greying and wrinkles littered his face especially around his eyes and mouth due to how much he smiled.

A sudden and unusual sense of nostalgia overcame the (H/c) haired girl and she wrapped her arms around her father, pulling him into a hug.

F/n raised his eyebrow at the sudden affection but hugged her back nonetheless, gently patting her head as though she were a cat.

"Are you alright, dear?" He asked, concern in his words as the embrace was out of nowhere.

Y/n nodded, still not letting go, "Yeah... Just... Wanted to hug you, father,"

Finally, pulling away she gave him a smile. It felt as though a huge weight had been lifted from her shoulders and she felt so happy.

The older man stared at her blankly before placing his hand over his cheek, "My tooth hurts because of how sweet you are, my child,"

She rolled her eyes playfully before turning to check on the ointment. As her father flipped through his book, noting down everything about the new medicine, she furrowed her eyebrows.

'What's wrong with me today...? I almost cried this morning when I saw mother and now this...?'

The next morning, Y/n was sitting on the backyard porch with her mother. Both of them were tired and sweaty from training.

"You're getting better," M/n stated with a soft smile.

She felt a rush of pride erupts in her chest, "Thank you, mother," She said as the older woman wiped the sweat off her forehead with a cloth.