Chapter 5

This is a work of fiction, with characters based on the Turkish series Sen Cal Kapimi.

#EdSer
#EdSerFanFic
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She hadn't seen him for days, so she decided to drop by his office after work. She was told to wait for a while for he was still in a meeting. She was sitting on one of the plush chairs in the lobby when she heard someone call her name.
"Eda?" A tall brown haired man approach.

"Do I know you?" The man step back, shocked with her question.
"Huh? I'm Alp." Just in time for Serkan to arrive. He immediately join in.

"Eda? Ughh... What brings you here?" He asked, a nervous smile on his face.

"Ugh... I ugh..." She was unable to speak. Looking at the other guy, his face familiar.

"This is Alp. Uhmm... My brother."
"I'm a bit confused here. Serkan?"

"Can we talk about this later. I need to talk to Eda."

"Of course, sorry. Eda, it's really nice seeing you. You look great." Alp said, and reach for a quick cheek kiss. "...see you later brother."

Eda was left fazed. "Sorry about that, he tends to be so friendly with everyone."

"Uhhmm.. sorry I came unannounced. I haven't seen you in a while."

"I'm sorry, that's my fault. I've been busy with work. I was just about to call you, but then, Alp arrived. So."

"Hmmm.. I should go. You have lots to talk about with your brother."

"I'll give you a ride home."

"No, it's okay."

"I insist, it's an excuse for me to be with you."

She smile s and nods.

"Serkan?" They were in his car on the way to her apartment.

"Hmm?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Yes, of course."

"You don't seem too excited to see your brother here. Why is that?"

"He uhmm.... He's asking me to go home."

"Why?"

"My mother, she's sick."

"Then why won't you go home."

"Because I don't really know who she is."

"What do you mean?"

"I grew up knowing Alp and I were brothers. Growing up I never felt like I was treated less. I was a Bolat. Or so I thought. I haven't told you this, but I was supposed to get married before I move to Geneva. I was on my way to the wedding when I heard them, my mom, Alp and my real mother." He was trying hard to stop the tears from falling.

"Oh,.. I'm sorry."

"I ughhmm... I aaghh... I was angry? I didn't know what to do? So I left. I ughh.. they ruined the day that supposed to be my happiest. I was angry at them, then I was angry at myself. I left the woman I love without any explanation. I ughh.. spent days and nights alone, until I decided to leave Istanbul."

"What happened to her?"

He just looks at her, trying to stop himself from sobbing. Eda's face was both sad and confused. The time she had spent with Serkan. She was almost sure he felt the same way as her. But seeing him now, in this state.

"Eda."

"You can't be with anybody unless you close that door with her Serkan. If I'm basing it on your story. I'd say you're still in love with her. I can't compete to that. Go home to your real mother, and talk to your ex."