Chapter Eleven

Meetings And The Program

Summer and Raven walk along the streets of Mantle following the directions given by Ironwood. During the walk Summer frowns stopping in her tracks. Raven stops as well before looking to where Summer's gaze had stopped. The sound of a hammer striking metal became apparent to them as they looked at the blacksmith shop. Summer looked confused clutching her chest as if in pain. Raven frowns placing a hand on her former team leader's shoulder.

"Summer?" Raven questions seemingly snapping Summer out of some sort of trans.

"Huh?" Summer mumbles turning to Raven.

"You alright?" Raven asks. "You started staring at a blacksmith shop."

Summer frowns. "It's nothing." Summer states. "Though I suppose I'm starting to wonder if I should've brought my weapon instead of the one Henry made."

"You mean your axe?" Raven questions.

Summer rolls her eyes. "It's not just an axe." She says before sighing. She knew explaining why to Raven would be pointless. "Let's just go. Pietro's place should be on this street."

______________________________

The young Yatsuhashi Daichi was happy to get too spend some time with family. However he found this new family restaurant that they were visiting to give him a bad feeling. It was too cheerful with how things are in Mistral currently. There was some obvious fighting going on in the streets all the time anymore. Looking to his mother holding onto his little sister Hiyoko, Yatsuhashi couldn't help but feel concerned.

The restaurant they were at was obviously the brand new Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Yatsuhashi would admit that the restaurant was impressive, and even ambitious. All kinds of games and toys. Then there were the animatronics. Yatsuhashi wasn't dumb. He knew the robots on the stage were fake, but that didn't take away from their charm. It was the eerie Atmosphere he felt whenever around them that killed the charm for him.

Yatsuhashi was interrupted from his thoughts as he accidentally bumps into someone. The boy he bumped into was sent to the floor from the contact, and held his head with a grimace. The boy was about Yatsuhashi's age, maybe a year younger, but Yatsuhashi like always was taller than the boy. The boy had golden blond hair, and was wearing a black hoodie with a Pumpkin Pete logo on it. The boy's hair was in pigtails with pink hair ties. The boy looks up at Yatsuhashi.

"Sorry." The boy says. "I wasn't paying attention."

Yatsuhashi smiles. "It's alright. Here let me help you up." Yatsuhashi helps the boy up, and the boy seemed grateful. Yatsuhashi also noticed that the boy didn't seem too care that Yatsuhashi was about a foot and a half taller than him which was nice. "I'm Yatsuhashi Daichi."

The boy smiles. "Jaune Arc."

Then suddenly a girl's voice calls out. "Jaune!"

Jaune froze and looked terrified. He immediately ran behind Yatsuhashi and hid behind him. Yatsuhashi was confused by the action, but understood why when he saw four girls walking by all with the same blond hair and blue eyes each calling for Jaune. When they passed Yatsuhashi turned to face Jaune.

"Their gone." Yatsuhashi says.

Jaune sighs in relief. He then reaches up an undoes the pigtails. "Thanks."

"Sisters?" Yatsuhashi guessed.

"Yeah. They like making my hair into pigtails. I've told them I'd prefer a warriors wolf tail, but they ignore me." Jaune explains.

Yatsuhashi nods understanding. "Sorry you have to deal with that. I guess I'm lucky considering I'm the older brother to only one sister."

Jaune giggles. "Yeah. I deal with a lot. Guess that's what happens when your the only boy with seven sisters."

Yatsuhashi nods. "Well you can stick with me if you'd like. Maybe we can be friends?"

Jaune smiles widely. "Yeah! That would be great."

___________________________

Weiss Schnee sat on a chair in the corner of the hall. The Schnee manor was full of guests, and she wasn't happy. She looked to her left seeing the painting of her grandfather Nicholas who had died a few months ago. Tears well up in her eyes thinking about it. She hated this party, hated that her little brother was having a party. She knew that it was Whitley's birthday, but she felt that the cheer of a birthday party was too soon. Too make matters worse, their father had rented out one of those Animatronics from the new pizza chain for entertainment. She did find small satisfaction from it though as Whitley had chosen an Animatronic called Foxy the Pirate.

Her father had obviously disliked the idea of having a pirate themed character in the manor. A filthy, plundering, and pillaging pirate. Weiss found her father's dislike towards the Animatronic give her satisfaction. Soon enough though Weiss was dragged from her thoughts as her sister Winter sat next to her. Winter's Schnee white hair was done in its usual fashion, and she was dressed in a nice white and blue dress much like Weiss. Weiss' similarly white hair was in a long off center ponytail.

"Hello sister." Winter greets.

"Hello Winter." Weiss returns softly.

Winter looks at her with concern. "Are you... doing well?"

Weiss nods, though the both of them knew it was a lie. "How is mother?"

Winter frowns looking down. "In her room."

Weiss looked away. "With a bottle I presume?"

Winter nods. "You presume correct sister."

______________________________

Elizabeth smiles to herself as she enters the dark room. At the end of the room was a large screen, a keyboard, and a mouse. Beside the screen was the computer drive. Elizabeth inserts the device she had gotten from Pietro and smiles in satisfaction when the screen lights up downloading the program. As her father expected, Pietro had no idea as to what he helped them make.

Elizabeth then frowns looking around. Her father should have been here. She then notices a note on the desk with the screen and sighs. The note read. "Going to Mistral. Be home later."