Chapter 1

A/N Very excited to get this one going, and I hope you all are ready ! Please read the tags. Enjoy X

Louis stomped down the hallway, ripping his lanyard out of his jacket pocket and thrusting his apartment's key into the lock.

"Fucking fucktard," he grumbled as soon as he stepped inside and kicked his shoes off angrily.

Liam jumped in his seat on the couch as a shoe hit the wall, glancing at the time and growing more and more confused, "aren't you supposed to be at work?"

Louis let out a deep breath, maybe too quickly heading to the kitchen that opened right into their living room to grab a beer, "I got fired."

"Louis!" Liam whipped around the couch to face him, "what the hell did you do?" he asked, him only having this waiter job for 3 months.

"I was completely justified! The guy deserved to be punched, he-"

"Lou," Liam groaned as he rubbed a hand over his face.

"No, don't do that to me," Louis pointed an angry finger at him before cracking open his beer bottle, "I was actually doing my job and polishing silverware but that dickhead manager Garrett came up behind me and grabbed my ass."

Liam's face fell as he saw his friend take more than a few large gulps of his drink. Seeing Louis start to pace it was clear how furious he was.

"And when I shoved him away he told me to be a good faggot," Louis scoffed as he shook his head, "so I punched him."

"Lou I-... I'm so sorry," Liam looked at him softly before waving him over to sit with him, "did you tell your head chef or the owner?" he asked once Louis was next to him.

Louis let out a deep breath, brushing his fringe out of his eyes as he sunk into the couch, "the head chef was the one who threw me out after he saw me hit Garrett," he muttered.

Liam shook his head, letting his arm rest behind the older man and squeezing his shoulder, "you don't deserve that shit Lou. You should've at least been able to explain," he said quietly.

"The chef literally dragged me out and considering I'm well over 200lbs it was impressive," Louis said before gulping some of his beer.

Liam couldn't help but show how upset he was for him, knowing it was written all over his face. Even when Louis is sad he can't stop himself from kicking himself even more.

"Don't put yourself down like that Lou. You-"

"Liam don't even bother," Louis grumbled as he shifted his weight on the couch, "I'm fat and unemployed. Let's see what life has in store for me tomorrow. Maybe I'll get kicked out of school."

"You getting kicked out of your degree is comical," Liam scoffed, his friend's musical abilities being unlike anyone he knows, "and, well-... Maybe I can help with the job situation," he breathed out, quickly making Louis snap his head to him.

"At the restaurant you and Niall work at?" he tried not to seem too eager, both his roommates bringing in more than enough money to easily survive Boston.

The brown eyed man nodded, within seconds seeing him light up, "but," Liam said, making Louis hesitate, "it's not a waiter job... We need a dishwasher for the dinner shift and clean up after chef is done for the night."

"Dude a job is a job," Louis shrugged, "does it pay well?"

"The better you do the more you'll get. Chef can be generous if you do your job right," Liam nodded at him, "but he can also be a complete dick sometimes. So be warned," he laughed before his eyes went to his show on the tv.