Chapter 2

Louis stared up at his ceiling, unable to help his foot tapping as he laid in bed and checked his phone every 10 minutes.

He shouldn't be this excited to go to work, but it's Saturday and he didn't have school to distract him. So all day his mind has been racing with how the night will go, and what gave him real anxiety was being alone with Harry while cleaning up.

Last night at work the green eyed man was just as nice to him as he was on his first day. Maybe even gentle if Louis thought hard about it. It seemed like Louis was the only one in the restaurant to get even a sliver of a smile out of him. And Liam and Niall were shocked when he sent him home with food two nights in a row.

Louis doesn't know what he's doing to deserve the small attention or why Harry is being so nice to him, but he doesn't care. Even a quick glance from his boss had his pulse stopping and his brain going blank for a few moments.

And now here he is, aching to go to his shift just to see him. They may not have exchanged that many words so far, but it's what Harry doesn't say that got Louis nervous. He can't read him, and it only makes the older man more curious about him.

Louis picked his head up as his text tone sounded, actually a little grateful to hear it so he could put his attention somewhere else.

From Marshall: You busy ? Come over for a bit.

He bit his lip as he read the text, too quickly he was telling himself to come up with an excuse.

To Marshall: I have work in 2 hours.

From Marshall: I'll drive you there after. Won't take too long.

Louis' fingers hovered over the screen, if Niall or Liam saw him even thinking about this they would slap his phone out of his hand. But he was half tempted, maybe this could get his mind off his boss who he has no chance with.

From Marshall: I know you read it. Come over.

Louis rolled his eyes, one thing he hates about Marshall is how pushy he is. And of course, Liam and Niall hate how demanding he can be too. But even though he's not boyfriend material and has the personality of a frat boy that never grew up, at least when they're together Louis gets attention.

To Marshall: I'll be over in 20 min.

He begrudgingly pushed himself out of bed before picking out a fresh outfit and packing a bag for work.

Maybe he needed this, just something to distract him from Harry and be touched by a guy even if he is an ass. Marshall is someone willing to sleep with him, he was one of four people that talked to him online when he made a profile. And the other guys were far too old for Louis, one being a chubby chaser and Louis wanted no part of it. But Marshall is 32, just 2 years older than him, pretty cute, and is a decent friend with benefits for the time being. Well, not so much a friend... Just a guy with benefits.

Louis adjusted his backpack as he made his way down the street, Marshall's apartment not too far from his. The early April air was still a little brisk, the season trying to change to spring but the wind didn't help the temperature.

He shoved his hands in his jacket pockets, head down, and eyes on the ground as he walked along the busy sidewalk.

Louis tried to tell himself he could use the release, could use physical affection from someone. He just longed to be touched, to feel wanted, and maybe this could take his mind off his boss for a little while.

To get out of the chill Louis walked a bit faster, the seven blocks almost felt like a workout with his pace, but he didn't want to be knocked around by the wind anymore. And by the time he reached the right building he was almost groaning knowing he had to go up four flights of stairs.