Chapter 11

Harry glanced curiously at Louis from his kitchen. The older man has been focusing on his computer since he started making lunch, and every time he went to take a peek at his screen his boyfriend closes the page. Harry couldn't help but be interested, and a tiny part of him hoped it was a surprise.

They've been dating for a month, and it's been the best month of his life. Harry is constantly with Louis and having someone at home makes the green eyed man feel like he could never be alone again. And he loved that the feeling was mutual with his boyfriend, Louis telling him any chance he could get about how happy he was for the first time.

"Alright handsome, lunchtime," Harry came over to the couch with two bowls.

And of course Louis quickly put his computer off to the side before he could sit with him, "what'd you make?"

"Just pasta and I made some sausage at the restaurant yesterday, so I threw some of that in there," Harry said as he passed Louis his food, and as always his boyfriend was giddy.

"Ooh fresh pasta too."

"Louis I make everything, it's always fresh," Harry teased him.

Louis hummed as he took a bite, the younger man's food consistently warmed him in the best way, "I think Italian food is my favorite. Every time you make it I could cry from how good it is. Especially pizza."

Harry looked at him softly, needing to suppress a fond chuckle as he watched him take bite after bite, "I mean... We could go some time, to Italy. Get you to really have the authentic taste."

"Go on vacation?" Louis raised his eyebrows at him before scoffing, "you taking time off work for a week is comical."

His face fell a little, "I would," Harry said honestly, "you know I'm trying to cut hours."

"For me," Louis smiled at him before pecking his cheek, his boyfriend promising to take the last Saturday of every month off so they could go out.

"That's right," Harry grinned back before stealing a real kiss, "it's not gonna happen immediately, but I would like to go on vacation with you at some point."

"I love that idea," the blue eyed man's eyes crinkled seeing how much he was trying, "and speaking of ideas, I have one."

"That's dangerous," Harry joked, making Louis jab him in the side, "what's the thought?"

"I'm gonna start bringing random ingredients over, and I want you to make dinner out of them."

Harry's eyebrows shot up, "like chopped?" he immediately got excited.

"Like chopped," Louis chuckled and nodded, "I want to challenge you a little."

"Please!" he smiled widely back at him, "but you're not paying for the ingredients. I'll give you one of my cards."

"What? No I want to-"

"Louis," Harry slightly warned him, "rare ingredients can get expensive. I don't want you to hold back from getting some fun things."

"But it's a gift," Louis pouted.

Harry let out a small breath, "and I love that, but I know how much produce can cost and you have bills," he didn't want to argue over it, "you can repay me by being my test subject."

Louis slightly eyed him, but couldn't help his smile as he saw his boyfriend's dimples, "fine," he grumbled.

So Louis made it his mission to Google obscure ingredients and despite a few protests used one of Harry's credit cards. Having it the blue eyed man felt like he was genuinely trusted by Harry, he knew Louis wouldn't use it for anything but food to cook with.