RR (7)

Gideon finally got in the forest, where he knew Wendy would be waiting for him. He felt confident enough to win this fight, he knew he could do it.

"Took you long enough,"

Gideon raised his head, seeing Wendy sitting on the branch of a tree with an electric guitar on her lap, wrapped around her body. She climbed down and landed in front of Gideon. Both locked eyes for a minute.

"Pines."

"Valentino."

Wendy raised an eyebrow. "Oh, so now you're feeling confident, huh?"

Gideon smirked. "How could I not? I know I'll win."

Wendy gave him a suspicious look. He was quite too confident than his usual self. Something is odd.

"So, are you just going to stare at me?" Gideon lowered his hand to the guitar. "Or are you finally going to start this fight?"

Wendy stepped a bit back and adjusted her guitar. She played it fast, very fast. The rhythm was familiar to Gideon, it was a popular new rock song — that he knew thanks to Robbie — called Rockin' Royals. Gideon watched as she played, yawning. When she was finally done, Gideon had his eyes on his nails and an unimpressed look on his face. He turned his head to her.

"Is that all you've got?"

Wendy grimaced. "Talk less, do more."

Gideon smiled. "Gladly."

He played the guitar, at first, he was slower than her, then he caught up with her speed, until he played so quick that it looked like either his fingers — or the guitar — would break. The guitar started to glow, Wendy's eyes went wide.

"Wait, you're using magic?!" she asked, with indignation in her voice. "You little cheater—"

Gideon shut his eyes tight as the guitar glowed more and more, his smile grew. It was like he didn't even know what he was doing, like he was careless about everything. From the guitar, a shot of light was thrown at Wendy, who flew back and hit a tree. Yet, Gideon didn't seem to notice, he was too focused playing and showing her he was better at playing. It was like his surroundings didn't exist anymore.

"Pines! Stop!" Wendy shouted.

A ring of magic surrounded Gideon, his feet lifted off the ground and he flew until he almost reached the top of the pine trees on the forest. His eyes opened wide with a strong force, Wendy looked panicked by seeing the colour that they had become: green. Not just any green, it was the same green Wendy wore on her outfits. What kind of magic was that?

"What's the matter? Scared?" Gideon asked.

What was wrong with his voice?

That was definitely not Gideon.

"What did you do?!" Wendy asked.

"Quiet, punk!" Gideon said with a frown. "You think you're so much better than me, but there you are! On the grass like a frightened cat."

The more he spoke, the more she recognised the voice. That voice was Gideon's combined with something, or someone else's, a tougher voice. Not just his voice, but his personality changed as well.

"C'mon, Valentino! Rock it!" he swung his arm down the guitar, a wave of magic blew against Wendy.

She jumped and dodged the attack. Gideon kept playing and sending more blows of magic against her, spinning to her direction as she ran and hid. Wendy managed to dodge the attacks, but the trees it hit were sliced off and brought down more trees with them.