Chapter 7: The Great Wall Race.

Third Person:

"Once a year, this city becomes more than a city. Once a year, these streets... become more than streets. This year... the winner will become... immortal!" A commentator said. A montage of race cars are seen driving around for the Great Wall Race. The camera cuts and zooms out to show a giant trophy shaped as a Peach of Immortality. It then fades to a television screen. MK and Mei gasp.

Jade's Pov:

I was watching TV with my brother and Mei. The commentator was talking about some race that happens once a year, even though this is the first time I'm hearing about it. The prize for winning is a peach of immortality. I don't believe that it's real. "A Peach of Immortality!" Mk said. That seems to be the only information he got from the commentator. "Uh, Peach of what now?" Pigsy asked, confused. MK and Mei start ranting at Pigsy for not knowing what the Peaches of Immortality are. Tang clears his throat and interrupts the conversation. "If you'll allow me. Legend says there is a sacred field of trees which grows in the Heavenly Realm, protected by the gods themselves. Every few thousand years, these trees bring forth the Peaches of Immortality. Against the wishes of the Heavenly Host, the Monkey King took them all, making himself immortal!" Tang said, finishing the story.

"Hold up. I thought Monkey King was already immortal." Pigsy satiated. "He was. Another reason for my dislike of Monkey King" I say. "Piggy, you're missing the point! Whoever wins this race will..." Mei said.

Third Person:

The screen transitions from the TV screen showing the commercial to Red Son holding an advertisement for the race. "Live forever! A-Are you two even listening?" RedSon asked after explaining the race. "Uh... something about peaches? Look, your schemes are quaint, but I never much cared for stone fruit." Princess Iron Fan said, with disinterest for her son's plan. "But... the peaches are powerful!" RedSon tried to argue. But his mother shot it down by saying, "Like the Weather Station was powerful? Why don't you just run along, hmm? Can't you see Mommy and Daddy have important business with an ancient power source."

The bull clones were mining up a coffin of sorts, while DBK watched. "Fine! You two stay here in your hole digging your "mysterious power source." Ugh, I am going to win the race, and when I get that peach, I'm not sharing!" RedSon said, stomping off. "Foolish boy. If I were to race, I would crush him!" DBK said, while forming a fist. "It would be wrong of us to shatter our son's ambitions. That's far too cruel! Even for demons." PIF said, as Both of them devilishly laughed.

Jade's Pov:

"This is huge! Those other racers won't stand a chance!" Mk said, all hyped up. Him, Mei and I were out front of the shop as Mei cleaned her bike. "Right? I know the track like the back of my hand! The back alleys, the front alleys, the sideway alleys. All the alleys! I was made for this!" Mei said, all excited about the race. "Yep! I'm totally gonna win this thing." Mk said. "What?" is all I said, confused with what Mk said. Mei was thinking the same as she said, "Wait, what? You're not racing. I'm racing. You've been watching me train for months! This should not be a surprise."

"Oh, yeah, uh, I just thought you were doing that stuff for me." he said. Mei growls at him. "But upon reflection, that doesn't make much sense." He continued nervously. "How would you even— Ugh! There is no way you'd beat me." Mei asked. "Uh, I so too could beat you. I'm a delivery boy, pretty sure I know how to drive real good." Mk said with confidence. "Nope" was all I said. "Pfft." Mei said. "MK, Mei and I noticed Tang. MK and Mei stop Tang leaving the noodle shop with a small flag. "Mr. Tang, who's the better driver? Mei or me?" He asks before noticing the Mei flag Tang has. "This is very uncomfortable," Tang said, before running off.

I laugh at Mk, "Not even Tang believes in you bro, just let Mei do the race, and you and I can meet her at the finish line. Mk glared at me. I just smiled. "Gah, whatever! I'm absolutely gonna win!" Mk said, frustrated. "How? You know you need a vehicle to race, right?" Mei said, looking at my brother. "Oh, I've got a vehicle." Mk said. My smile dropped knowing what vehicle he was talking about.