Chapter 18: Game On.

Jade's Pov:

Mei, Sandy, Mk and I were at Monkey King's home helping Mk look for something. "Maybe under here?" Mk asked as he frantically searched for something. "There's gotta be something." he said, moving Mei a little. I see that Mei had put on a VR headset for some reason. "Remind me what is is we're looking for? Is this it?" Sandy questioned, showing Mk a box with stars on it, it was like giant dice, but it was yellow with red stars. "Nah! I'm trying to find something that will make me super, super powerful so I can defeat someone, anyone, you know to be sure that I got what it takes to take on the next big bad." Mk said. Mei continued to goof off with the headset, now holding a controller. "I thought Monkey King was training you with remote lessons?" Sandy questioned. "Yeah, and I already learned all the different lessons the Monkey King of the vacation left for me. I don't know, I just, I feel like I'm ready for something bigger, more powerful." Mk said, while showing off the things he learned.

"The wise warrior leads their enemy into their own destruction. What's that mean?" Sandy asked as he finished reading one of the scrolls Monkey King left. "It means I need to be stronger, be so powerful that it'd be so certain defeat to fight me." Mk states as he punches the air. "I don't think that's what it means bro." I remarked next to Mei as she still had the headset on. "Maybe you need a break, little man, just kick back for a bit." Sandy suggested. "Uh, did Monkey King ever take brakes?" Mk quizzed Sandy. "He's literally on vacation right now, plus he has logged some serious hours on this game." Mei said. "What?" Mk questioned. "Uh huh, like 10,000." Mei stated while playing the game.

"No way Monkey King would have wasted time on this." Mk said. "Mk, it's Monkey King. He has been here for a long time, I doubt he would have done nothing the whole time." I stated. "Unless Yes! This must be it." Mk said, ripping the headset off of Mei and taking the controller. Mei looked down, seeing the controller missing. "Hey, Mk!" Mei shouted at my brother, annoyed that he took the controls away from her. "You said it before Mei, Monkey King is never gonna just give me the answers straight." Mk said with the headset around his neck. "I said that?" Mei questioned. "He must have left me this game for a reason, it has to contain knowledge of some unbelievable powerful new ability." Mk declared.

"Or it's just a crusty old video game that the Monkey King likes because his face is on the box." Mei observed. "That would be like Monkey King." I say looking at Mk, who is messing around with the gaming set. "This is amazing, it looks just like Monkey King's house." Mk said. "That's because I haven't turned it on yet." Mei said defeated. I gave a little laugh at my brother. "Huh! What the!" Mk said, confused. "This is so immersive?" Mk asked. "Um, is it true that if I die in here, I'll die in real life?" Mk asked. "Am I a mean sister is I say yes?" I asked Mei. "Absolutely not, I-I don't know." Mei whispered to me and Sandy.

"Okay, so I guess I go over here then?" Mk asked then moved his character forward. Mk's character is stopped when a cartoon version of Monkey King appeared. "Welcome traveler on a journey to the west." Video game Monkey King said. "It's Monkey King, he's in the game. Wait, did Monkey King make this game?" Mk said. "Wouldn't put it past him bro." I speak. "As the great sage, equal to heaven, you couldn't ask for a better tutor." Game Monkey King voiced. "Yeah, it seems like he definitely made this game." Mk stated with disappointment in his voice. "Okay game Monkey King, what you got for me" Mk said pressing a button to continue. "On your journey you will learn to smite powerful enemies." GMK said. Mk made excited noises and said, "I want me some of that."

"After you complete the tutorials, you'll learn how to access..." GMK said. "Ah, this is taking forever. How do I skip?" Mk voiced, then pressed a button skipping the dialogue. Mk moved his character forward, only to be stopped by GMK again. "Ugh, what now." Mk said, annoyed. "Defeat each opponent to work your way up to the final boss, the Rhino King." GMK said. "Great, just as soon as these pop ups stop popping up." Mk said, trying to skip all of the pop ups. "Uhh, maybe some of the tutorials for Monkey King would be helpful. Okay" Mei said then realized Mk was not listening to her. "Oh there done, finally." Mk said. "Congratulations, you've now completed the tutorials. This next adventure is up to you." GMK said, as the screen fades to black and comes back in a level select. "Finally, I'm done with the tutorials. I can actually start playing the game." Mk said. Moving his aviator forward, Mk released where he was, "An in-game store."