Chapter 16: Sweet 'n' Sour

Jade's Pov:

"Oh, I had it up to here with those Speedy Panda delivery brickheads! They've been sabotaging me all week!" Mk complained about the Speedy Panda. "Those punks with their flash frozen microwave junk! Convenience can never replace a traditional home-cooked family recipe." Pigsy said, looking at a photo of him and his mother. "Yeah, but they do, do it quicker." Mk said. Pigsy glares at him. "All I'm saying is maybe you could afford to pick up the pace." Mk said nervously. "Pick up the pace? You're the one delivery driver! You pick up the pace! Every noodle from Pigsy's Noodle Shop is handcrafted from scratch with love, care. It's what our customers have come to expect." Pigsy says.

"Don't worry about me, Pigsy. I'm a loyal customer." Tang said. "More like a loyal freeloader." Pigsy states. Tang gasps in offense. "Pigsy's right Tang, you are more like a freeloader." I say folding my arms. "I'm telling ya', Pigsy. If something doesn't change, we're gonna be run out of business!" Mk said. "Ah, you two don't get it. I poured my heart into this place. From the pots, to the utensils, even my grandmother's antique windows." Pigsy says as he pulls down one of the windows. A brick with a note is tossed at the window, shattering it. We all gather around to read it. "Hmm. "Attention: Pigsy's Noodles. Prepare for your worst nightmare! We challenge you to Food Wars to determine which restaurant truly reigns supreme. Signed, Speedy Panda."" Tang said, reading the note. "So, someone gonna tell me what the donk "Food Wars" is?" Mk asked. "Food Wars. The ultimate arena for chefs to duke it out, where the victors are hailed supreme above all others. Speedy Panda, I accept your challenge!" Pigsy shouted.

I was in the crowd as Pigsy and Mk were in the arena. "Welcome one and all to Food Wars! Today, two teams will compete in three rounds of food combat in order to be crowned Supreme Restaurant Champion. Introducing first for Pigsy's Noodle Shop: Pigsy and his assistant, MK! And their opponents: Speedy Panda Convenience Mart! And its owners: these guys!" The announcer said as two familiar demons appeared. "Remember us, Monkey Kid? We're your worst enemies, Jin!" Jin said first. "And Yin! The Gold and Silver Demons!" Yin said next. "I'm sorry, who—" Mk started to say. "I don't even know you guys! What do ya' got against my restaurant?!" Pigsy questioned them. "So, here's the plan, right? We're figure if we put your noodle shop out of business, then Noodle Boy is out of a job." Yin says. "And if he's out of a job, he'll starve, which will make him weak and then—" Jin continues. "We'll finally be able to destroy him!" They both said at the same time then they both laughed. "This is going to be fun." I say.

"It is now time for Round 1! The competitors will have to gather all the ingredients they need and race from the Food Wars Ultimate Pantry to their respective kitchens at the center of the courtyard. In three, two, one!" the Announcer says. The horn sounds and Pigsy speedily grabs all the ingredients and tosses them at MK. "MK, catch!" Pigsy yelled. "Slow down, Pigsy!" Mk yelled back. Yin threw something into the back of their bike and the diver raced off, Mk following shortly after. They clash, resulting in MK at the front. "I really am the greatest racer ever—" Mk said as he screamed in horror at the sight of all the drivers, who gladly ram into him multiple times before leaving him to rot. "Kid!" Pigsy yelled. "Mk!" I screamed, worried for my brother. "Round 1 goes to Speedy Panda!" the announcer said. I sigh knowing this is not going to be fair.

"In Round 2, competitors will put their culinary prowess to the test in a cook-off with the winner being chosen by a panel of curiously selected judges." says the announcer. "We gotta move!" Mk said, holding three bowls of noodles, waiting for the broth. "I told you, MK. Good food takes time." Pigsy said as he sipped the broth. "Just need to add one more ingredient—" Pigsy says as they watch as Jin and Yin "accidentally" drop a bottle in their pot. "Oops." Jin says. "Clumsy us." Yin says as they go off laughing. "That was... that was actually what was missing!" Pigsy said. They finish setting up. "MK, go!" Pigsy said as a gong strikes.