Cannonball

"CANNONBALL" - ENG

A hidden moment that takes place after their first meet in Sonic Adventure 2

Even if the battle has ended, Rouge can still feel the rush of adrenaline flowing through her whole body. As far as she remembers, she has never felt like this before. Alive. She shakes her face like she couldn't believe this situation. She faced a lot of challenges against many questionable personalities in the past, due to the duties that come with her job. And she never failed.

But nobody was like him.

Her most successful tricks didn't work with him. He was rather stubborn. Especially when it came with -as he had called it- "his destiny". The seductive weapon immediately have proved to be a fiasco: she is not even so sure that he really understood her avances.

She closes her eyes: in her thoughts, the memory of an angry and statuary glance belonging to that annoying echidna was still vivid. Now the desire of possessing that giant green diamond seems not so important as it was a day ago. More urgent things were awaiting her: she promptly needs to settle the score.

So she scrolls the dust she had on her right arm and some others that were on her cheek.

She had hit the ground heavily shortly before. That red echidna didn't play soft with her, despite her being a lady. His fists were fast and severe, but they met her poderous kicks as a response. However, she can't stand the idea of him considering her weaker than him.

She smirks proudly and opens widely her wings to the sky.

-I just played easy with you, Knucklehead. We'll meet each other again soon. And this time, I'll come in hot, like a cannonball!

"CANNONBALL" - ITALIAN VERSION

Qualche tempo dopo il primo incontro avvenuto in Sonic Adventure 2

Nonostante la battaglia sia terminata, Rouge sente ancora una scarica di adrenalina che le percorre lungo tutto il corpo. Non si era mai sentita così prima di allora. Viva. Eppure, di sfide nella vita ne aveva affrontate tante, e aveva tenuto testa senza problemi alle peggiori personalità incontrate lungo la via, a causa del suo contestabile lavoro. Ma nessuno era come lui.

Le sue armi migliori non avevano alcun effetto su di lui, era tremendamente testardo quando si metteva a rischio quello che lui definiva "il suo destino". L'arma seduttiva si era rivelata subito un fiasco: non è nemmeno tanto sicura che lui abbia capito davvero le sue avances.

Chiude gli occhi: può ancora rivedere lo sguardo crucciato e irremovibile di quel fastidioso echidna che poco prima le si era presentato come "guardiano del Master Emerald". Persino il piacere di immaginare quella grande pietra verde accanto a sé passa ora in secondo piano. Adesso, è tempo di pensare solo a prendersi la sua rivincita.

Si pulisce col braccio destro la sabbia rimasta sulle sue guance. Aveva fatto un bel volo a terra. Tutto grazie all'assente delicatezza con cui il suo avversario furibondo l'aveva colpita a suon di pugni, per nulla timidi o misurati. Nonostante si fosse saputa difendere a dovere, aveva perso. E ora non sopporta l'idea che il rosso la possa ritenere più debole di lui per questo.

Sfoggia un sorriso fiero e agguerrito e spalanca le sue grandi ali.

- Ci sono solo andata leggera con te, bellezza. Ci rincontreremo presto e stavolta non esiterò io a colpirti con la forza di una cannonata!

Song: Cannonball by Avril Lavigne