9) everyone has their own set of struggles

Jeongguk

"Here," I hand another lollipop to Ha-ri and ruffle her hair. "Don't tell the others that I gave you one more okay?"

"Okay, Oppa." She says and then joins the others who are playing, happily. Taehyung and I are sitting on the front porch stairs where we've lit a bonfire, watching the kids play with Jin, Namjoon, and Hoseok after dinner. Yoongi already went to sleep.

"You know, she was just a month old when she was brought here," I say. "Ha-ri," I laugh. "I named her that."

"Wait is it like, Shin Ha-ri from The Business-" Taehyung asks. Bingo!

"Yeah," We both are laughing now. "I am obsessed with that drama," I tell him. After a minute when we stop laughing, I speak again. "I've watched her grow up and spent every holiday here with her. She's just an angel," A smile automatically appears on my face as I watch her chase Hoseok. "But- but you know the worst part Taehyung?"

"Hmm?" He looks at me.

"She has asthma."

"No..." Taehyung's expression falls as he looks at Ha-ri from afar.

"And I can't be there with her all the time. We're really trying to find a good couple for her who would adopt her and take care of her, but no one's ready to adopt 'cause of her illness." I sigh and clear the lump in my throat.

"You know Jeongguk... I feel so guilty right now. What I do all day is complain about how boring the military service is. I mean, look at Ha-ri despite all the things that happened to her, she looks so happy. It's so ungrateful of me to sit and sulk about petty things." Taehyung rests his elbow on his knee and his chin on his palms.

There's a moment of silence before I speak. "It's okay though Taehyung. Everyone has their own, unique set of problems, so we don't always understand others' problems."

He looks at me and then speaks. "And that's why, we share our problems with others. Not everyone is gonna judge because of your struggles, Jeongguk." Oh, I see where this is going now.

I smile, and he does the same.

"I'm not asking you to share everything with me, you can talk to whoever you want, whoever you're comfortable with. Don't jump directly into the problems too, take your time, and start off with the small things. Share a few weird things you do or like things you're insecure about,"

"Whoa Taehyung....you're like a psychologist," I say, looking at him in awe.

"Yeah, well we do learn a lot of psychology in med school, especially pediatricians 'cause we handle kids."

"Okay, so I'll tell you this weird thing I have-"

"Wait, weird is not the right word," Taehyung corrects me.

"Okay, so I'll tell you this thing I have which is a bit different. I can sleep peacefully only if I'm hugging something. Like a pillow or something. I think it's really immature 'cause usually, kids sleep with teddy bears and stuff..."

"Aww...it's not immature Gguk...Can I call you that?"

"Yeah...no worries," I smile and say. "Can I call you Tae? Honestly saying Tae-hyung every time is kinda long,"

He laughs. "Sure! So as I was saying Gguk, it's not immature if you hug a pillow while sleeping. If you're getting proper sleep by doing it and it's benefitting you, then it's absolutely okay. This insecurity is just in your head."

It's not that hard after all, sharing my feelings with someone.

"Okay now my turn," Taehyung bites his lower lip. "Umm-" Before he can continue, my eyes follow Ha-ri who starts coughing. I immediately get up and run towards her.

"Ha-ri-ya, how many times have I told don't exhaust yourself too much," I pick her up and head inside, Taehyung follows me.

"It's ok-okay O-Oppa," She mutters between her coughs.

We go up to her room and I hand her her water bottle. "Here,"

Then I look back at Taehyung standing near the door. "Hey...sorry Taehyung," He shakes his head and replies.

"No no, it's fine Gguk," And when Ha-ri doesn't stop coughing comes in. He gestures something and mouths 'inhaler'.

"Oh right, yes," I rummage through the things on her bedside table and give her the inhaler and make her sit on her bed.

Taehyung kneels down beside me and rubs her back gently.

"Take deep breaths Ha-ri, slowly," He takes in a breath himself, demonstrating it to her, his chest rising and falling. I tuck a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. After a few more sips of water and deep breaths, she comes back to normal. "Thank you, Tae,"

"You need to be careful Ha-ri, what would you have done if hyung wasn't there?" Taehyung asks her, getting up and sitting beside her. And when she doesn't answer, he speaks again,

"No like, really, what are the things you need to do if you can't stop coughing or if you're unable to breathe?"

She looks at me and I nod. "Have small sips of water and take deep breaths, hyung." She then says.

"Yes. Also, one more important thing, sit upright, okay?" She nods.

"Good girl," Taehyung smiles patting her cheek twice.

"C'mon now Ha-ri, go to sleep now, we'll wake up early and have fun tomorrow 'kay?"

"Can you stay here Oppa, I don't wanna sleep alone," Ha-ri asks, putting her hand on top of him. I take her hand and reply. She then climbs on my lap and I wrap my arms around her. "Sure, love. Okay then Taehyung, see you tomorrow. Good night."

Taehyung understands the signal and gets up. "Yep. Goodnight Ha-ri, Jeongguk."

__________

Taehyung

"You up Taehyungie?" Hoseok asks in a sleepy voice as he climbs down from his bunker.

"Mhm," I yawn for one last time and fold my blanket neatly.

"Damn, I love these bunker beds. Why don't we have them at camp?" Hoseok reaches for his bag and takes out his toothbrush.

"We're not kids Hyung,"

After we're done with the washing up, we head straight to the dining hall. The cold weather is making us really hungry and it's already past breakfast time.

"Morning," Namjoon greets us. Everyone is almost done with their breakfast.

"You're late hyung," Ha-ri chuckles. She's sitting beside Jeongguk. I join them.

"He's a sleepyhead," Jeongguk says. "Always late for exercise back at camp. Look at Ha-ri, Taehyung. She wakes up early like a good girl every day," He lifts up his hand and Ha-ri gives him a high-five.

"Hey...you can't blame me! It's soo cold, you don't feel like getting out of bed. Plus I'm gonna have to wake up early tomorrow onwards anyways." I stretch my legs and look around. "Where's Jin?"

"Had to leave early. Change of plans for us too, by the way, Hoseok, and Taehyung. We're leaving after breakfast." Jeongguk says, sipping the last bits out of his Banana Milk. God! He can't survive without it for one day, can he?

"No..... why Oppa?" Ha-ri wails.

"I'm so so so sorry, Ha-ri but I can't do anything about it," Jeongguk holds his ears and pouts. Ha-ri frowns, turning her head forward and crossing her arms in front of her.

"Hey.....I'll be back for a visit before you know it," Jeongguk puts his arm around her shoulder. "Are you gonna say bye with a sulky face?"

Ha-ri shakes her head, smiling. "Can we take a picture with all the hyungs before you go,"

"Sure," Namjoon, Hoseok, and I say at the same time. Yoongi nods too. After everyone's done with breakfast, we get our bags from the rooms and come down near the gate.

Mrs. Hwan stands ready with a camera in her hand. "C'mon everyone!"

We decide to sit on the front porch stairs. Ha-ri between me and Jeongguk and Hoseok, Yoongi and Namjoon above us.

"Say cheese!"