Chapter Five

Chrissy and her boyfriend Jason were sitting in their apartment building in NYC.

"I'm going to get us McDonald's across the street, want anything?" Jason asked as he stood up from a small chair in the kitchen.

"Just chicken nuggets." Chrissy replied. Jason nodded and took the keys.

"Be back in 30" he said as he left. Chrissy was now officially in the apartment alone. What's the worst that could happen? The murderer was caught, nothing bad could happen. Right? Wrong.

Jason walked down the stairs, trying to get to the bottom floor of the apartment building. Once he walked down all 10 flights of stairs, he walked out of the two doors in the lobby.

But when he walked outside, he got a phone call. He ignored it and kept walking but the person kept calling him. He grabbed his phone and noticed it was Eddie Munsons phone. But he heard on the news that he was dead?

Jason sighed outside of the McDonald's and answered the phone. "Hello, who is this?" He asked, knowing it couldn't be Eddie.

"Well who's this?" A deep voice replied.

"I don't know, the police?" Jason replied.

"Would the police be in your apartment?"

Jason dropped his phone, then picked it up.

"Who the hell is this?" Jason asked angrily.

"The person who's gonna kill your girlfriend."

Jason dropped his phone yet again, and started walking- no, running back to the apartment building. He ran across the street and into the lobby. The elevator was broken, so he had to run up 10 stories.

The first 5 stories were easy, but it started to get harder after that. Jason kept running to save his girlfriend, not realising that he was running into a trap.

He got to the 10th floor after about 9 minutes, but when he got up there, the door entering the hallway where his apartment was locked. He tried to open the door and looked into the window to see if he could see anything. What he saw was someone behind him in a costume.

He slowly turned around.

The person waved. "Need help?" The Person Said in the same voice over the phone.

"You." Jason whispered.

"Me." The masked person replied as he took out a knife. Jason tried running up the stairs, but with how tired he was, he was really slow.

It wasn't hard for the person to catch up to Jason and grab him.

Jason kicked The Person and kept running, but again, the person grabbed him. This time, stabbing his leg.

Jason groaned in pain and fell to the floor.

"I'm afraid times up." The Person Said as he took the knife out of Jason's leg and stabbed him in the stomach. They repeated until Jason had no pulse.

The person wiped their knife and opened the door to the 10th floor hallway. Right before, they grabbed Jason's keys.