Chapter Twenty-Two: Glass Prison

"Damn that hurt," I hissed, cradling my knuckle. Two of the joints were completely shattered in my right hand.

"Holy shit this stuff is thick!" I heard Shade exclaim. I looked over to see her face pressed up against the glass, using the reflection of the lights to figure out how thick it is.

"How much do you think?" I asked walking next to her.

"I'd guess about six inches." She shrugged. I snorted.

"No wonder I smashed my fist. And you know what? I never actually realized how hard I punch until now," I told her. Shade rolled her eyes at me.

"Yeah, well, I have been punched by you before and it is not fun," she looked at me pointedly.

"Sorry about that by the way," I cringed. She waved it off and went back to pacing around our glass prison.

"I passed out before I saw anything, but did you kill Blake?" Shade asked suddenly. I turned to her with my head hanging down.

"No, I blacked out before I could make sure. I couldn't hold on through those injections our mothers have us," I sighed.

"Well, he is going to have one hell of a headache if he didn't die. How many injections did May end up giving you before you collapsed?" I chuckled at her first statement. Racking my brain, I brought myself back to the cave.

"Three, she gave me three injections before I finally blacked out."

"I am pretty sure I only had one, but I wasn't paying attention enough to be sure." Shade said shrugging her shoulders. I smiled, and turned my attention back to my now bloody hand.

"Well this sucks," I said blowing a breath out of my mouth. She chuckled beside me, and took my hand in hers. She examined it, and poked the shattered bone.

I yanked my hand back with a hiss.

"You're going to make it worse stupid!" I growled at her. She rolled her eyes and grabbed my hand again.

"You know what, I think I remember this little prison," I said looking around. Shade raised an eyebrow and gave me a funny look.

"Really?" Her voice was skeptical.

"Yeah," I nodded with scrunched eyebrows.

*************

"Now remember, this is not an area to be playing in. This is for extreme cases only, like if someone's Lycan is too dangerous, or if we have a prisoner. Understood?" My mother jabbed a finger at me, and I nodded quickly.

"Good." We walked out of the glass room, and I noticed that the walls were six inches wide.

"Why are the walls so thick?" I asked.

"So the people inside can't breakout," my mother explained.

"What if they have to go to the bathroom? Or if they are hungry? Or thirsty?" I pressed. She sighed and stopped walking.

My mother turned around and walked back into the room. She pointed to a spot on the wall, behind the dark blue cots.

"If they push this button, it will call us so we can talk to them. Then we will figure out what they want," she told me. I nodded in understanding.

"Where are Shade and Lily?" I asked as we exited the huge chamber, filled with multiple glass cells. Only one had cots though, the others were completely empty.

"Lily took Shade to see the training chamber, the place we went yesterday. Shade saw the restraintment center yesterday. Tomorrow we will all go to see where your animals are taken care of when they are not in their rooms," my mother said with a smile.