Chapter Thirty-Nine: War

Shade snaps awake as the plane lands with a rough jerk. It was a very bumpy landing and I frown.

"I think I should have a word with the pilot," I say starting to stand up. Shade grabs my arm and yanks me back down.

"Don't you dare," she warns. I purse my lips, and blow an irritated breath out my nose.

"Fine," I mutter. I look out and see that it is early morning. I stand up and see that the landing woke everyone else up too.

"I believe tonight is a full moon, so we will initiate you into the pack today. Shade and Rosa, you will be staying with Hailey, my Beta and I in our house. Camryn and Aiden, you can stay with us as well if you would feel more comfortable," I start to say, but they wave me away.

"We will stay in the pack house," Camryn says with a smile. I give her a nod.

"Very well then, Derek? You show them to their rooms in the pack house, and I'll take them to our house," I tell him. He nods and we all start to grab out bags.

Derek takes Camryn and Aiden to their house, while Hailey and I lead Shade and Rosa to our house. It was a mansion, with eight bedrooms.

Rosa and Hailey have separate rooms on the first floor, while Shade and I have bedrooms right next to each other on the second floor.

"I thought everything was destroyed in the attack on the original pack," Shaded says as I show her the bedroom.

"It was, over the past two months we have rebuilt everything, and even built new buildings," I tell her.

"Wow," she says looking around in awe.

"I have to go attend to some matters, if you need me just mindlink me or ask someone," I say. She nods and I leave her to unpack.

I jog out of the house and follows my Beta's scent. I find him speaking to some warriors near the pack house.

"Luke," I say. He immediately turns around and grins.

"Alpha, it is good to have you back, with more Lycans too," he says with a bow of his head.

"I need to deal with the Lycans in the cells, would you mind accompanying me? You can tell me about the attack by the Silver Bloods Pack as we walk," I suggest.

"Of course," Luke says and we start walking to the dungeons.

"A group of warriors had attacked some of our border guards, and one died in the hospital after loosing nearly all of his blood. We killed three of the enemy pack's warriors, and managed to capture two out of the ten total," he informs me.

"How many of ours were in the attack?"

"Five, three came back with serious injuries, one dead, and the last one had only one minor injury, a scratch on her arm from a tree branch," he says with scrunched eyebrows.

"What is her name?" I ask curiously. Out of five Lycans only one comes back unharmed, and I am not sure if I should suspicious or proud of her.

"Maya Faraday, she is 26 years old, and was in the Arena," he says.

"I would like to meet with her, tomorrow maybe. Have her come down to the training center at 8 AM tomorrow," I order.

"Yes Alpha," he says giving me a nod. We reach the door to the dungeon, and walk down the stairs.

I see there are more wolves in the cells than when I left, two of which are the wolves from Blake's pack. I go over to the cells that have the Lycans I spoke with the day I left.