Chapter 32: I can't live without her

Jason's Pov

"Stop!"

I continue throwing silverware and my mothers good China. Or supposedly good China these dishes were hideous. I was doing her a favor by breaking them.

"Why should I? She's done with me!"I yell angrily.

"Jason just calm down you don't need her man" Ben tells me.

"I don't need her? Are you kidding me? I can't live without her!" I yell louder.

I put down the dish I was just about to throw on the kitchen counter. I really can't live without her. Because, without her I don't even know who I am.

"Look your mom called me over here to calm you down and I'm glad I came because I don't know what would've happened if I didn't" he chuckles.

"Well if your trying to lighten the mood then stop" I say angrily.

I continue to stare at the dish I put on the counter. Decided whether or not to throw it at Ben's face. But, remembering the words Sarah once told me occupied my mind.

'Well you can't possibly love someone who doesn't even love you back now can you? '

I don't know why those words just kept replaying in my head. Sarah didn't love me anymore. She didn't fucking love me.

"Just leave" I sigh.

"I'm not leaving you" Ben says.

"Can you not understand me? I said 'leave'!"I yell.

"Are you deaf? I said 'I'm not leaving you'!" he yells.

I sigh. Why can't he just leave me the fuck alone?

"I get that Sarah and you broke up but maybe it was for the best" Ben whispers.

"It wasn't for the best. She was helping me deal with my nightmares, my dad. She made me feel like I was good Ben and maybe for a while I liked feeling good"

"Who says you can't still be good dude?" He asks with an eyebrow raised.

"I can't be good if I have no one to be good for" I laugh.

He stays silent and I stay silent too. I felt bad for yelling ,but it was the feeling of my heart breaking piece by piece that made me act like this. Like I was going to die without her. And maybe I was already dead I just didn't know it yet.

"Why did you tell her brother you would stop being a drug dealer?" Ben asks curiously.

"I didn't think it would be so difficult to stop being one but when James said they would kill her I had to stay"

"Who's Jam-"

"He's one of my co-workers he's actually a good guy only about a year younger than me" I sigh.

"You should've gone to the police" Ben says harshly.

"Well I should've done a lot of things but I can't always be selfish now can I?" I laugh.

"What do you mean?" Ben asks curiously.

"I should've fought for her I should've begged for a second chance ,but I couldn't be selfish with her anymore Ben. I had to let her go she needed to be safe" I explain.

"Wow Jason Brooks not being selfish?" Ben laughs.

"I can't be selfish when it comes to her I suppose" I sigh.