Chapter 12:Forgiving and Forgetting

Sarah's Pov

A week. It's been a week since the "incident" and my guilt had been eating me alive. Jason and me haven't talked and I guess you can tell we haven't made any progress with our project either. Sometimes I would wish for him to come over to me and Aria's lunch table and maybe start talking to me ,but of course I'm just wishing for that to happen.

But, today's a new day and today's the day where I am not going to be thinking about Jason Brooks.

I slam my car door shut and breathe in the fresh air from the school's parking lot. I smile and wave to a couple of my friends and join arms with Aria in the hallway.

"Well you seem chirpier today" Aria says with a smile.

"Today's a new day, Aria" I smile.

She smiles a knowing smile and I roll my eyes. We finally make it to English ,but before I could make it to the door Johnny stops us.

"Hey, Aria can I talk to Sarah for a second?" Johnny asks.

"Sure" she says and sends me a wink.

"So Sarah ab-" Johnny says but I cut him off.

"If this is about the dinner with your family then they seemed lovely"I tell him.

"Actually this is about us" he says moving his finger between the two of us.

My heart drops and suddenly my feet feel like their glued to the floor. I try not to make my eyes widen but they do.

"What about us?" I ask softly.

"I know Jason told you I liked you and well I do" he says while scratching his head. "I was sort of wondering if you wanted to go out tonight actually" he says with pleading eyes.

"Sure" I say with a smile.

Johnny grins widely and picks me up and spins me in circles and I just giggle. I never knew someone could get so excited.

"Alright I'll text you" he shouts while running down the hallway.

"Why is he so excited?" A voice asks from behind me.

I turn around and of course it's the one and only Jason.

"None of your business" I tell him harshly and walk into English.

"Oh ,but it really is Sarah" he whispers into my ear, which sends shivers down my spine.

I take my seat and try to ignore Jason. All throughout class he kept throwing paper balls at me and being the great best friend she is Aria laughed.

"Ugh! I can't stand him!" I shout making my way towards my locker.

"Your just lucky Ms. Murphy didn't make you guys work in partners today" Aria states pointing her finger.

"Yeah your right" I tell her.

"Even though he says he hates you he still makes it his job to look out for you" she says truthfully.

"What do you mean?" I ask her with a confused face.

"Look for yourself" she says with a grin.

I look the way Aria was looking and catch a glimpse of the jackass. I huff and Aria giggles.

"Yeah well I didn't ask him to be a major stalker" I told her with a huff.

"He's only trying to keep you safe" she says and I roll my eyes.