Chapter 11: Freaking Delia Smith Pancakes

I woke up the next morning, Saturday! Thank goodness. I walked over to the bathroom and shaved my face, used the toilet, and took a quick shower. I then headed back to the bedroom and picked out a shirt with a galaxy background with a llama on it. Finally, I walked down the stairs to the kitchen where I found Phil making pancakes. "Hey," I said, scaring him making him jump back and let out a yelp. "Aw, Dan! You scared me to death." I laughed and headed to the living room where Dil was watching Adventure Time. "Hey Dil, what'cha watchin'?" He turned his head to face me. "Aaaaaaadventure time!!" He yelled dragging the A and putting his fist in the air as his said this. I laughed. "Can I watch?" Dil nodded, and I sat down. We watched the show for a long time, until Phil said that the pancakes, not just pancakes freaking Delia Smith pancakes, were ready. We both walked over to the dining table and sat down. "So," I asked Phil, as I chewed my mouthful of pancake. "Did you watch the video that we made on making these? Or were you just a loser who used the cook book." Phil laughed, still picking at his pancake with his fork. He was wearing his glasses this morning and a dark blue plaid shirt. "Uh, please Dan. Why would I not use the video?" He smiled and looked at me now. His black hair was straight and shined in the light. He looked great. "True." I replied. Dil looked over to Phil. "Hey, Papa?" He asked. Phil looked over to him. "Can I have a friend over today? His name is Matt." Phil looked over to me. "It fine, if it's okay with his father." Dil nodded and smiled. "Yay!" He ran out of his chair and upstairs. "Dil!" Phil called after him. "Don't forget to clean up your spot!" Then the sound of little feet came back down the stairs and grabbed the plate. "Oopsie, sorry Papa." He walked over to the sink, washed his tricky hands, and ran back upstairs. "Wow." I said, staring at the staircase that Dil had just run up. Phil looked at me, confused. "What?" He asked. I smiled widely and looked over to Phil. "Dil's got a friend coming over! This is great! He's made friends!" Phil smiled and laughed faintly. "My little boy is growing up." I smiled back to Phil. He was, he certainly was.