Chapter 5: Your name is?

Yato was dumbfounded.

She couldn't believe what Shido has just said. is he joking or serious? that was all what in her mind at the moment

"What did you just say?" she asked, hoping he was joking.

"Look, I know it seems ridiculous, but this is how the sealing is done, I've already sealed a spirit before you.", shido confirmed

Yato was speechless. If she wanted the normal life they had talked about before, she had to kiss a boy. But that was out of the question. The very idea disgusted her.

"I am not going to kiss you nor go on a date with you. I am not kissing some random kid I just met like that," Yato said, fixing her gaze on them.'I can't tell them I'm a boy inside' she thought trying to hide her secret

"......." A thick Silence surrounded the place.

"Well, it seems we're not going anywhere. It was nice meeting you," Yato said, as she breaks the silence and started to walk away.

Shido was thrown off by the situation, so he turned to Kotori, waiting for her to do something. 

kotori sighed. "Hey, wait a moment. We didn't finish yet." said kotori getting yato attention "I have another offer for you"

Yato turned her attention back to Kotori, wondering what else she could possibly offer.

"What offer do you have, little girl? I'm listening, but it's better to be good," Yato said, glancing at Kotori.

Ignoring the insult, Kotori continued, "You can get the normal life we talked about, and you can keep your power. What do you think?"

Yato raised an eyebrow, surprised by Kotori's offer." You said offer. Does that mean there is a price?" she asked.

"You're right, but it's not something hard for you," Kotori answered.

"Oh? And what is it?" Yato asked.

"I want you to go on a date with Shido at least once a week. Of course, I am the one who considers it a date. You can call it whatever you like, for example, an outing with a friend. You would also get the chance to explore the city better with someone to guide you," Kotori explained.

Yato thought it over. She would get a place to live, food to eat, and protection from the threat. With all of that, she could keep her power. There was no better offer than that. But the question was, were they worthy of trust?

While Yato was deep in thought, Shido exchanged a glance with Kotori.

"Is that a good idea? What about the Spacequake and the fact that AST can locate her through her spirit power?" Shido doubted his sister's decision.

"What? You want to kiss her that badly, is that it?" Kotori gave him a big smug, teasing him.

Shido freaks out. "What? What are you talking about?"

Kotori giggled to herself. "Calm down, bro. I was joking. As for my decision, well, when she appeared for the first time, her Spacequake was so weak, that it barely left any destruction in place," she said, glancing at Yato.

"And stranger than that, right now, her mana is barely that of a low-tier mage."

All that was left for Shido to do now was to stare at the girl in front of him.

After Yato finished her thoughts, she decided.

"I accept your offer. When can I move on to the new home?" she asked.