Chapter 25: I Hate Swimsuits!

The mall was bustling with people, but all eyes were on a particular group - a boy and four girls. The boy was the envy of every guy around, walking with four stunning girls,

Some of them marveled at how lucky the boy was to be surrounded by such beautiful girls, "Wow, that boy is living the dream!" while others wished they could switch places with him.

Tohka marched along, gritting her teeth and looking like she was about to explode at any moment. The reason was obvious - Origami had tagged along on their outing, using the flimsy excuse of needing a swimsuit.

Yoshino, still afraid of Origami, held tightly onto Shido's hand as she tried to make as much distance as possible from her.

Hikaru, on the other hand, was positively beaming with joy as she walked alongside Tohka, her head held high and a spring in her step. Her hand was crossed behind her head, a sign of her carefree attitude.

"It was supposed to be just me, you, Hikaru, and Yoshino today! Why does Origami Tobiichi - of all people - have to come?!" Tohka grumbled, her eyes fixed on Origami.

Shido tried to calm her down. "Okay, okay, don't get so angry. It's just that she needs a swimsuit too."

"Nah, I think you just want another girl to add to your collection." Hikaru couldn't resist a smirk.

Shido let out a resigned sigh. "Let's just finish what we came here for."

"i think you misunderstood something," Origami said, as she skipped over to Shido on light feet, took his hand, and started to walk briskly away. "I'm going with Shido to buy a swimsuit, not you. You can go with Hermit and Light."

Tohka gasped. "Shido! You—! Hey, let go of his hand!"

"But then that would mean you and I would be going shopping together."

"I-it would?!" Tohka asked, bewildered.

"Yes." Origami nodded with confidence. "It would be an unalterable fact."

while the storm started to approach between Origami and tohka. Hikaru approached Yoshino as she walked beside her. She patted her on the head, "Don't worry,  Your big Br - sister is here to protect you!" Hikaru said, with a playful wink and a grin on her face. She couldn't help but notice how nervous Yoshino was the whole time, even after holding Shido's hand tightly.

"T—Thank you, Hikaru...Onee-chan" Yoshino replied with a grateful smile.

Suddenly, Hikaru felt a strange sensation hit her right in the heart. "What is this feeling?" she exclaimed in disbelief as she glanced at Yoshino. "This smile must be protected," Hikaru thought to herself, feeling a sudden surge of affection for her new little sister.

Meanwhile, for some reason, Shido started to blush.

Hikaru noticed this and turned to him in confusion, "What's the matter, Boy? Did you catch a fever or something?"

"N-No, it's just..." Shido couldn't help feeling self-conscious, especially with all the curious looks they were getting from people around them, who mistook them for a newly formed family.

he could hear some mumbling from them.

"That's one weird-looking family.

"Is that little girl adopted or something?"

"Is this some kind of cosplay group?

"That girl's got some serious big sister energy. Can she adopt me too?"

"I wish my family was this cool. All I got is a weird uncle who keeps visiting me every night."

'...what the fuck wrong with those people?' shido didn't know how to react to those mumbles