Chapter 10: The big sister advice

Shido opened the door to his apartment as Yoshino and Hikaru excused themselves inside.

"It's about lunchtime. Do you want to eat something?" Shido asked.

"Hamburger," Hikaru answered without hesitation.

"You know you should eat something healthier, especially at lunchtime," Shido replied.

Hikaru put her finger to her cheeks and thought for a minute. "Pizza!"

"There's no hope in you, huh?" Shido said, defeated

"And what about you, Yoshino? Do you have any preferences?" Shido asked as he moved his gaze to Yoshino.

"Umm, anything would be okay," Yoshino said as she hid her face in embarrassment.

"You have to take advantage of him, Yoshino. If I've learned one thing about him, it's that his cooks are five stars," Hikaru said as she smiled.

Shido blushed at the sudden compliment. "Anyway, you can take a seat while I make lunch," he said as he entered the kitchen.

As yoshino and Hikaru watched TV, Shido was on his device.

"Kotori, how is their mood now?" Shido asked.

"Stable, until now. You're now on a mission to seal two spirits, bro. You should be careful," Kotori warned.

"Easier said than done," Shido sighed. "Do you have any idea?"

"Trying to seal them both at the same time is risky. Try first to seal Yoshino as it seems you have a better chance, and try to send Hikaru away for some time while you do that," Kotori suggested.

Shido moved his gaze to both girls who were focusing on the TV. "I'm really playing with my life here."

He approached them. "Hikaru, can you do me a favor?"

Hikaru raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"Could you please fetch me a new knife from my closet in the room? I'm unable to do it myself since the food is currently cooking on the stove."

"Hmmm, okay. In the closet, right?"

"Yup, thank you."

"No problem," Hikaru said as she left the room, leaving Yoshino and Shido both alone.

"Good, now Shido, make your move," Kotori said through the device.

"Yeah, yeah."

As Hikaru was going up the stairs, she wondered, "Why in the hell would he store a knife in his room and not in the kitchen?"

"Is this some kind of modern tradition?"

She opened Shido's room and gave it a look as her eyes roamed the room. "His room is really 

simple. Doesn't he have some kind of habit or something?"

She suddenly smirked and bent down to look under the bed. "Hmmmmmm, nothing. As I thought, the boy is really pure. Those spirits are really lucky as hell to have someone like him. I would just think what the situation would end up like if he was someone who thinks with his D and not his B," she thought as she approached the closet, opened it, and started searching for the knife.

"Where did he put those knives?" she said as she continued to search but didn't find anything.

"Weird, nothing here. Did he give me the wrong place by mistake?" She sighed as she made her way out.

"Now I have to go back to make sure where the right place is and go back. What a pain," she thought.

As she was making her way down the stairs, she wasn't able to remove the feeling of having forgotten something, but then, "Where is my dog?" Her eyes widened in the question as she ran at the speed of light