Chapter 10 - Burned

A building in Starling City is on fire. Several  firemen are seen dousing the fire out.

Fireman #1: Get that hose over to the north face or we're liable to lose the whole block!

Fireman #2: Yes sir.

The second fireman switches his radio on and speaks into it.

Fireman #2: Danny! 

Danny: Yes Keith?

Keith: Getting a little smokey out here, buddy.

Danny: Just clearing the upper level.

Danny looks around and spots a man and gestures him to come over.

Danny: Hey you, over here. I can use some help. I got a hot spot.

The man approaches him and starts spraying a liquid on Danny.

Danny: Hey-

He starts catching on fire suddenly and starts screaming in pain. The unknown man walks away.

________________________________________________________________________________

At the base, Avery is alone and starts training on the salmon ladder but she is facing difficulty as she reminds herself about her confrontation with the archer. After a while she throws a tennis ball into the air and tries to shoot an arrow but misses it. Diggle and Oliver walk in.

Oliver: How you doin'? Rehab going good?

Avery doesn't respond and looks at Diggle.

Avery: Any news on Walter?

Diggle: My contact at the Bureau struck out. Same with my guy at Interpol. They're both saying the same thing.

Oliver and Diggle approach Avery.

Oliver: Either our stepfather doesn't want to be found or someone doesn't want him to be found. 

Diggle: It's been six weeks, Oliver. No contact from the kidnappers, no ransom demand, no proof of life. I hate to sound--

Avery: Dig...We all know he's more than likely dead.

Oliver: What do we do then?

Avery: I don't know. Even our contacts in the Bratva can't dig up a lead.

Oliver: I wasn't talking about Walter.

He takes the list of the table.

Oliver: Back at fighting weight, looks like. And last I checked, there were more than a few names to cross off in the list.

Avery turns to face Oliver.

Avery: Those people aren't going anywhere. With Walter missing, our family needs us right now Ollie.

________________________________________________________________________________

At the CNRI Office, Johanna and Laurel are having a conversation.

Johanna: And, Judge Hinkle is ready to grant them another continuance! So I said, " hell, no. This trial starts right now."

Laurel: That a girl.

Johanna: Thanks.

Johanna spots Quentin entering and gestures to Laurel. Laurel  turns around to see her father approaching.