Chapter 4 - An Innocent Man

Oliver walks in with a poisoned Diggle and lays him on a table. He starts preparing the cure and feed it to Diggle. A while later Diggle wakes up groggily and sees Oliver in his gear with his hood down. 

Oliver: Hey.

Diggle: Oliver?

Avery suddenly walks into the lair not knowing Diggle is in there.

Avery: Getting away from Thea, Moira and L-

Avery finally sees Diggle who was staring at her.

Avery: Oh Diggle's here.

She looks at Oliver.

Avery: Why is Diggle here?

Before Oliver could say anything Diggle stands up.

Diggle: You're both the vigilantes.

He then goes on to take a swing at Oliver at he sees it and ducks under. As Diggle was still under the effects of the poison he stumbles in the process.

Oliver: Easy, Dig. You were poisoned.

Diggle: Son of a bitch.

He goes to attack him again and Oliver defends himself again. Avery now joins Oliver.

Avery: Dig, he could have taken you anywhere, could have taken you home instead he brought you here.

Diggle: You really did lose your mind on that island.

Oliver: Found a couple things along the way.

Diggle: Like what, archery classes?

Avery: Clarity. Starling City is dying. It is being poisoned by a criminal elite who don't care who they hurt, as long as they maintain their wealth and power.

Diggle: What are you gonna do, take 'em all down? Just the two of you?

Avery and Oliver look at each other. They had considered this option before. He would be a good alibi for them.

Avery: No. No, we want you to join us. Special Forces out of Kandahar. It's perfect. You're a fellow soldier.

Diggle scoffs and comes up to them.

Diggle: Oliver, Avery, You're both not soldiers. The both of you are criminals... and murderers.

Diggle leaves and Avery has her face in her hands. She sighs out loud in frustration.

________________________________________________________________________________

Oliver and Avery enter the queen mansion. They walk up the stairs to their respective bedrooms when Laurel appears. Avery leaves knowing it was better to let them talk alone

Laurel: Where were you?

Oliver: What are you doing here?

Laurel: I heard about the shooting, and I wanted to make sure you were ok.

Oliver: You did?

Laurel: Yeah. I knocked on the door, and I found a family terrified for you. They had no idea where you were. They kind of calmed down when Avery went to look out for you.

Oliver: Oh!

Laurel: Oliver, are you so self-centered that you don't think that people who care about you are gonna wonder where you are after you all got shot at?