Chapter 12 - Vertigo

A man is being chased by Avery in her gear inside an unknown warehouse. As he is being chased he looks in front and spots Oliver in his gear. He turns around a corner and exits the warehouse into the docks. He starts climbing a beam and hangs onto it when an Arrow is lodged through his jacket into the beam making him hang. He look at Avery and Oliver who have arrived. 

Man: Oh, come on, man! I'm just trying to make an honest living!

Avery: There's nothing honest about what you do! Who supplies you with Vertigo? Tell us now and you live.

Man: Please! He'll kill me!

Oliver: Whoever you fear...Fear us more!

Oliver and Avery take out and arrow and aims at him.

Man: Okay, okay! We call him The Count, that's all I know. I swear to God!

He flinches and looks away expecting an arrow to come at him but it doesn't. He looks at where Avery and Oliver was and they are not there anymore,

Man: Hey! Get me down from here!

________________________________________________________________________________

Oliver and Avery enter their base after the interaction with the drug dealer. Diggle looks at them.

Diggle: Find what you're both looking for?

Oliver: Took down three Vertigo pushers tonight, Diggle. Last one finally knew a name.T he Count.

Diggle: The Count? That's worse than The Hoods.

Oliver and Avery approach the computer.

Diggle: You're both not going back out there. Are you?

Avery: We're not done for the night. Whoever this Count is, he has a lot of blood on his hands, and it is long past time he started paying.

Diggle: Well, slow down, I think you're missing the point here.

Oliver: What?

Diggle gives the both of them a look as they seem clueless. Avery then realizes.

Avery: Thea.

Diggle: Her hearing's in a few hours. You think she cares more about some drug lord getting his just desserts, or you both being by her side when she needs you the most?

________________________________________________________________________________

The next day at the Queen Mansion, Avery and Oliver walk into Thea's room.

Oliver: Hey, we should get going. Judges don't appreciate the value in being fashionably late.

Thea chuckles.

Thea: Got any other tips?

Oliver: Let the lawyer do all the talking. They'll give you a pad and paper but do not play tic tac toe. 

Avery also chuckles with Thea this time. Avery and Oliver are now right in front of Thea.

Oliver: Judges don't appreciate that, either.

Thea sighs and Avery turns her towards her,

Avery: Come on, Speedy.

Thea: I know, I know. Keep on trying to get up and go, but... I just don't. I wish dad were here.