Bitter Sweet Chocolate

「Chapter 2」

It was the day the Paw Patrol go to visit Coral and the new mer-pup friend that needed helping. The Paw Patrol, along with their guest, Everest, was getting prepared to head over to Puplantis and meet their friends.

"I can't wait to see what this Puplantis place is like! I can just imagine how cool it must be!" Everest exclaimed with excitement, wagging her tail. "It's going to be paw-some, Everest! I can introduce to you my cousin, Coral too!" Skye yipped alongside Everest, as the two girl-friends were preparing alongside eachother; Having a bit of small talk between them.

"Hey Wocky, awe you excited to get wet?" Zuma asked Rocky in a blant tone, with a cheeky grin on his face. The mix rolled his eyes while smiling at the lab. "Oh Zuma, I'm more intrigued by this entire 'lost brother' thing. Isn't that interesting?" Rocky looked at Zuma with an exciting smirk, however, the lab turned his attention back to preparing, avoiding the question. This made the mix suspicious but also sad, Rocky frowned at his friend after being ignored. He decided to switch back the subject, scared that he accidentally offended his friend. "Oh well, being wet is better when you're a mer-pup!" Rocky exclaimed, while preparing his stuff. Zuma finally replied, "I don't get what thats supposed to mean, ow how that even makes sense. But you do you, Wocky." Zuma finished preparing his stuff and so did Rocky, "Wace you to the Sea Patwollew!" Zuma yelled as he ran towards the location of the Sea Patroller. "Hey! No fair! You got a head start!" Rocky laughed as he follows behind.

Chase and Marshall were already in the Sea Patroller, waiting for the others. The two best friends were having a light conversation while Robo-Dog sat in the drivers seat. "Oh Chase, you know now that mer-pups are a hundred percent real, so why won't you believe that the Krakitten (Kraken) isn't real!?" Marshall said, nuzzling his elbow towards the un-amused pup beside him. "That. Is even more of a tall-tale than mer-pups. A kitty that's a giant squid?! Absolutely horrendous!" Chase defended, still un-amused, but can't help but think it's real in some way. "Maybe Coral knows a thing or two about this Krakitten, or maybe her mer-pup friend!" Marshall chuckled, Chase started to doubt himself, starting to think he was being delusional.

As the two were talking, they heard shouting outside and immediately recognized the voices. "Booyah! I beat you again, Wocky!" Zuma beat Rocky again in a race, "No fair! You had a head start and you didn't wait!" Rocky complained while grunting playfully. "It's just in my natuwe, Wocky!" Zuma gives a blatant excuse as he fashionably walks inside the Sea Patroller, with Rocky following behind as usual. The lab and mix meet up with the dalmation and german shepherd, joining in with Marshall's banter in trying to make Chase look like the fool in the situation. Rubble, Everest and Skye joining in the banter as they enter aswell. It continued on so much that even Ryder joined in for a while, making Chase regret his life decisions even more than he expected.

The Sea Patroller turned into the Whale Patroller, and with that, Robo-Dog put his metal to the pedal and drove the Whale Patroller off to Puplantis. Ryder sat in shotgun while the rest of the pups were in the back, still making fun of Chase. "Remembew that ultimate swamp wescue we did whewe we found a colossal sized catfish? Yeah, if that kind of stuff can happen, thewe must be a giant squid out thewe!" Zuma explained, sorta half joking. "Yeah, but not a giant squid kitty!" Chase protested, the other pups laughing at him to their amusement, as Chase just sat there struggling to be mature when everyone was making fun of him. "No hard feelings Chase. But, giant octopus, giant sea slug? Mer-pups!? Yeah, but anything is possible, you're just being witty." Rocky said with a cocky grin, Chase simply scoffed at him while the others giggled. Chase knew they were just trying to lighten up the mood with sarcasm and banter, so he let them continue, like the amazing friend and co-leader he is.

The Whale Patroller finally arrived near, above Puplantis. The Whale Patroller turns back into the Sea Patroller as Ryder and the pups go out to the dock to find Coral at one of the sides of the Sea Patroller. "Hey pups! Nice to see you all again! You must be 'Everest' right?" Coral said, looking toward the Siberian Husky, "Yup! That's me! Ice or Snow, I'm ready to go!" Everest said her catchphrase while her tail wagged with excitement. Coral giggled at the pup and bumped paws with her, and she turns into a land-pup right after. "Oh right, let me introduce you to my mer-pup friend! I'm guessing Ryder already told you the situation?" Coral said, tilting her head. The other pups nodded in agreement, Coral smiled and looked over to the water. "Hey! You can come out now!" Coral yipped, and the mer-pup rose from the ocean. She bumped paws with the pup and she was now a land-pup, the other pups gasped in awe, meeting the pup for the first time.