Chapter 114: Calmness Before the Storm (Final Part)

"Which do you prefer, young master?"

The woman asked him as she ushered two pairs of new and pristine glossy shoes he never had once possessed in his entire life to him. They look immaculate without a scratch seen present as their slick and smooth surface mirrored the light above them, but beyond that, they look pricey.

Jin blinked his eyes, flustered, and stared awkwardly down at the items in her hands. They were oxford shoes—both in plain and pale white.

All of them are.

The hodgepodge group of shoes she has been showing to him has been rather the same, which only further confuses him.

His nervous lilac eyes glance at the pair in her left hand. He swore she had just shown that to him thirty long minutes ago.

"A-Aren't they the same as earlier?"

The woman pauses and lifts her head, her vivid blue eyes meeting his. She then softly giggles with her eyes shut close as if there is something humorous in what he said.

"Oh no, dear young master. This pair is Tibetan Jasmine white with diamond lining on the heels, crafted by a vintage international brand. Nonetheless, this other brand is a rare shade of white, Chantilly lace, designed by Wang Zhu, a famous young Chinese designer at present. You see, her designs have skyrocketed from the market . . . "

Jin breathed. He was totally lost as the woman continued to prattle information he could not grasp to understand.

When she ended her speech, her giddy ocean eyes beamed at him. She flashed him her proud and dignified grin and appeared to be expecting his response.

However, "I see." was the only phrase that left Jin's lips.

He nervously swallowed and felt blameworthy for not being insightful enough to give her the praise or questions she had hoped for.

He was utterly clueless about what she was talking about so passionately while he only ever shouldered the thought of how much every pair of shoes she had shown him cost.

Additionally, there were no differences he could spot, no matter how hard he studied.

"As you can see . . . " Nevertheless, the woman smiled, refusing to give up on finding the right shoes for the beautiful young master before her. "Your name is carved right here."

She flipped the pairs of shoes, and Jin nearly choked on his saliva after seeing his full name written in Korean on the heels of the shoes where below it lies an italicized numbered date, which indicates today.

"Why is my name there?" he says, bewildered and stupefied by something done so excessively.

"Please look this way, young master."

As his makeup artist requested, Jin moved his head to the other side, yet his eyes never left the woman.

"May I know who tasked you to prepare this?"

He certainly knows that it cannot be his mother—his mother who's most conceivable to pick items herself for him than let him decide.

"How can it be not, young master? These are solely designed for you and the person only wishes for your satisfaction."

She brings her gaze to the bed in the room he is staying in, and Jin curiously follows her line of sight.

"He said that contrary to what you deserve, these were not enough. So he deeply wants me to extend his apology to you for failing to welcome you in his home."

The moment those words slipped from her lips, Jin stayed silent and looked away, speechless after seeing about five to ten boxes lined up like a pyramid in the center of his bed.

Was it Hiro? Hiro's father? Brother?

Is this family obsessed with exaggerating efforts?

"He's done. He's all good. Sana—my setting spray."

The makeup artist flicks her fingers to her assistant, who instantly hands her a bottle. Jin shut his eyes close once again and felt a wet mist faintly touching his face from a close distance.

"Perhaps, are these not to your liking, young master? There are two other models left. Do you wish to see them first then decide?"

This . . . This has been going on for four hours now.

He can only sob internally.

His energy is already this drained, and the ceremony hasn't even started yet.

"No, please."

When Jin spreads his eyes open, he chooses a pair of shoes in her hands randomly. Not knowing what it was, chanty lace or whoever Chinese designer produced it.

He simply just wants her to stop and rest.

As the cycle of standing and sitting continued for another hour, they were finally done. He breathed deeply out of relief, never have been alleviated by escaping from something so suffocating until now.

The entire group of ten people giddily clapped their hands as they stared at him in awe and satisfaction—all dolled up, even he cannot recognize the expensive boy he sees in the mirror in front of him.

Daebak . . .

"Good work, everyone!" The middle-aged woman, who was only standing in the corner and watching everyone else do the work, flicked her fingers before her eyes landed on him and politely gave him an acknowledging bow, looking as graceful and elegant as she was.

"Shall we depart, young master Jin? The butler had notified that the car is on standby."

Jin felt chills receiving such attention and respect from the people around him who were absolutely older than him. He wasn't accustomed to such a lifestyle, and he could never envision himself getting used to this kind of treatment.

The elegant woman had introduced herself to him a while ago.

She was Ari, his entrusted supervisor as of today's event.

He didn't even know he needed one and that he was thankful. With her discoursing to him the detailed schedules of today's ceremony and reception, he was at ease after knowing he has nothing much to do but just sit on his designated seat—either cry or glare at the groom if he was to choose.

"Will my mother be going with me?"

To his disappointment, Ari shakes her head, "I'm afraid not. Your mother is not on the island as of the moment, but in Cheon for her bridal preparation."

Jin squeezes his hands together in his lap, anxious about what he heard.

And . . . Hiro.

Hiro did not show up at breakfast earlier.

He bit his lips.

Where is he?

Author's Note:

Dropping the awaited bomb maybe tomorrow or on Friday. Just waiting when our research will end.

Spread love, no hate, stay hydrated everyone!

.

Want to become my patron?

www.patreon.com/danielblakezd_author

.

IG: daniel_blake.zd