Chapter 135

Remembering the earsplitting fragment memory of what happened to him, he was still familiar with the shrill strain of his legs, the twisting feeling of his stomach and guts, and the smell of the sweltering woods of dark forest.

As if he had just undergone the tragedy that occurred to him not too long ago.

The memory of it felt so vivid that he could still hear the void, the eerie whispers of the trees, and the sound of dead leaves rasping beneath his every step.

His amethyst eyes take a quick glimpse at Hiro's body against his and a helpless sigh leaves his colorless lips upon seeing the subtle trembling of Hiro's wide, enormous, and rugged back, which probably could barely fit their petite bathroom door back in their tiny apartment in Hongwon.

His heart is glad to have returned safely in one piece, but he could not sit still with the fact that he was not the intended target of the people who held him captive.

He was sure of it. They were using him to get through something. . .or someone.

Jin buries his nose in the tangibly comforting scent of Hiro's hair as his fingers caress the man's warmth through his shirt.

His eyes stared at the unlit ceiling, his gaze turning sharp. His brows met, giving the unfortunate ceiling a taste of his surprising stomach-twisting fury.

The entities that witnessed and smelled such intense animosity from the young fellow slid a few meters back into the darkness.

"Hiro."

Hiro's whispered name fled his lips warmly as he gave the tip of the man's ear a small peck, attempting to relieve him from crying. Jesus. "Dearest, can you lend me your ears and a bit of your attention?"

Hiro's shuddering shortly ceased, and the weight of his head against Jin's shoulder lessened. Hiro turns his head, his lips a centimeter away from the young fellow's pale cheek.

Relieved, Jin could feel the man's short breaths fanning against his cheek. It was warm against his cold skin. Yes. That's it, darling.

"I cannot see you," Hiro grumbles.

Jin sighs inside his head in response when he cannot move his head, dismayed. He, too, wants to see him. But even if he did move his head, regardless, it would be impossible in this darkness.

The man's faint, but aggressive sniffing was the last thing that tickled his ear before half of Hiro's room slowly awoken from its deep slumber.

He blinks.

He had discovered too late that the space beside him had gone cold in what felt like only a second from embracing the man on the bed, but now he could see Hiro's tall stature standing by the nearest shut window that was about three meters far from him. Hiro was there gently pulling the blinds himself while looking back at him at the bed from where he was standing. The blinds are barely lifted, he can hardly take a good look at his face.

Albeit his confusion, it helped him buy time to adjust his vision with Hiro's meticulous care.

When he thought the situation was already odd enough, a very peculiar phenomenon followed. He heard numerous whispering and scraping noises on the walls of the room.

Without moving his head, he shifted his eyes to his feet and saw a figure moving from the corner of the room before it disappeared in the light.

The hairs all over his body rose. "W-What was that?" He could not help raising his voice as he was alarmed by what he saw.

Kai's senses instantly sharpened. He steered back towards the bed in too much panic, tossing aside his matters with the blinds. "Blinds off." He commanded the voice controls, and the blinds rose and rolled in as short as three seconds, letting natural light successfully illuminate the entire room. His antsy eyes followed his beloved's line of sight.