Chapter 141

Noticing wild loophole traces of selflessness in Hiro's eyes, Jin pressed his lips together as his fingers reached for Hiro's tangled strands of hair. They were blocking the most beautiful shade of vantablack eyes, now bath in unwanted melancholy he never wished to see.

He endeavored his very best to hold his composure, but even the sight of Hiro's mental strain was enough to carve the same dread in his heart as an empath.

"When did the threats start?"

Jin made sure his voice was soft. He wanted to know when Hiro grew aware that his life walked hand in hand with danger.

"I do not remember." Hiro looks down. It felt like forever to wait for this weakness to consume him. The fear of losing someone he only wants to give the world to, his lovely Jin-ah. . .they could have laid their hands on him during the hours he was away from him. His jaw clenched, the corners of his eyes were turning swollen, and his breathing was ragged.

If they did. . .

"I am sorry, love." He shudders, feeling his thin glass sanity close to crumbling from simply thinking of it.

May the heavens pardon this world if it happens again.

Heavy silence sits between them as a sharp pang continuously pierces through Jin's chest. Jin leans and surrounds his arms around the shaken man. It was simply too painful to bear and watch him. "No, please do not say anything more." Hiro cannot even remember when he started running away from danger to survive.

This kind and gentle man does not deserve this. How could they. . .How heartless of them.

"And please, don't say sorry." Guilt crushed him.

As those shaking words left his lips, anger swelled his heart furiously like never before. An emotion the heavens forbid him to harbor when he felt a morbid capacity to hurt someone—to make the people who took him away bleed—to wish the people who made a child think life is just about survival and hardships dead.

How could they live and do wicked methods to a child who brought them no harm? He rests his head against Hiro's shoulder to hide his growing tears. It now explains why Hiro speaks lightly of death. The man casually tells and mentions it as though it is comparable to a laughing matter.

Strangely, as if he always expected it to come to him at any moment.

It hurts. No one ever told and prepared him for this. He assumed Hiro only had behavioral issues to tend to, his intense mood swings, or his mischiefs. He cannot bear to imagine how hard it must have been for a child to live through adulthood with no undisturbed sleep, knowing a lot of seemingly insane adults are after his life.

"I'm right here, Hiro."

Hiro thaws himself into his beloved's arms. Aside from the crimson hue staining the tips of his ears, a tingling sensation circled from within his chest to the swirling havoc in his stomach. His red nose scrunches to match his pouting swollen lips, both now deeply buried in the thin dressing of the young fellow's neck.

The foremost spot he desires to lay in peace before he pulverizes the world separated underneath the path his beloved chooses to walk onto.

Jin's arm stretched to the width of Hiro's too-muscular back, wanting to spoon him, but he could barely hold him in his arms. However, he did not take it to mind and soon worry clouded his empathy.

Jin dug the tip of his fingers into the soft linen shirt of Hiro's lower back. He scratched it in a soothing pattern in hopes of lending him a bit of comfort while burying his nose in the manly scent of his clothes.

Jin earnestly prayed that the man before him was not weeping himself distressingly again.

Of course, as a person who is also quite sensitive to sentiments, he had long researched on the internet if crying could foster health benefits for a person. It was only a random thought, and he wanted to know if he was at least a step away from death from all the depressive nights he had undergone.

Crying indeed has its benefits, but excessive loss of tears has both effects on mental and physical health.

After all, unhappy tears are still sadness.

Jin sows his nose in the man's messy hair as he whispers, "Listen to me, dearest."

He shall claim it. . .

He will uphold the responsibility for replacing Hiro's pain with gentleness and benevolence as much as his capabilities can do, even if it is already too late—or if it takes him forever.

He will do it in a heartbeat.

"Look," Jin points at the shelf beside the table where they are cuddling. "That is yours, am I correct?"

Without moving from his too-comfortable position, Hiro turned his head to face the other side from Jin's shoulder to see where his beloved was pointing his precious finger.

It was the vault.

Seeing that the man's attention shifted, Jin stroked the side of Hiro's face with his thumb and stopped to stay at his cheek longer, "Answer me, dearest."

"Yes," whispers Hiro politely without a breath missed. He will imprint his soul to live up to his words.

Jin's brows determinedly met. Jin nodded and strongly agreed to Hiro's firm ownership of the vault as he should. Good job, my love. "Then it is yours, you know that. So it does not belong to anyone but?. . ."

He trails off.

"Mine." Hiro hums to his chest, continuing his statement.

Jin's lips curved upwards in a gentle, almost imperceptible smile, his eyes dropping to the stunning redness of Hiro's ears. Is he embarrassed?

He is such a humble person. His grin stretches, "Yes, protect and continue to cherish it. Only selfish people would want to steal someone else property and you should know I never blamed you for what happened to me."

Never had he even thought of anything but longed to see and hold him through his successful escape. "I hope that it will not ever burden your thoughts."

It is truly unjust and not fitting to put the blame on the person just because there are circumstances that they may be involved. Evil people hide and let the innocent and victim hold the accountability.

And he hates that.

It breaks his heart to have possibly assumed what was running through Hiro's head when he got taken away.

"Hiro, whom do we blame?" Jin cups Hiro's face and looks at him in the eyes, "Those mean and bad people." He emphasizes word after word.

Hiro nods his head to Jin's words, like a child, listening eagerly to his mum.

This man is too adorable for his heart to bear. He cannot stand the cuteness-aggression wanting to burst inside him. He looks up at the ceiling in vain. He wants to tease him, but he knows it would not be appropriate.

Jin puckered his lips and kissed Hiro's cheek, "Good boy."

He heard no response.

He leans to take a good peek at the stiff man. He thought Hiro would shy away from his gaze once more, just the reaction he expected, but he soon noticed the man had spooned him off the desk and was trying to elevate him higher. What is he doing?

"Say. . .Say it again, Jin-ah."

His hair rose when something kissed and dug a hallow between his bums below. It was pulsing, madly throbbing despite Hiro's efforts to hide it.

And he ponders. Just how big it is. . .