47

weeks had passed, the trio had spent it perfecting their dance

weeks had passed, the trio had spent it perfecting their dance. making sure to polish it and take it a step further from the performance they'd put on pre-debut. countless hours were spent in the dance rooms of all three companies.

after the trio practices, mirae would either stay and watch or leave for her other schedules as the duo prepared their stage for KBS.

today just so happened to be one of those days that she'd stick behind.

mirae sat in front of the mirror, facing her friends as she carefully monitored their run through of the dance they'd been preparing for the last few weeks.

in the kq dance room, the air was thick and mirae was thoroughly enjoying the intensity she felt between them. through their close moves, she could tell they've been holding back. their proximity not as close as it should be.

as discussed with their choreographer ahead of time, the dance was graceful and close. it consisted of synchronized movements that matched the beautiful instrumental chosen as the background song.

the dance was supposed to tell a story of star crossed lovers. mirae speculates word got out of their past around the company and the choreographer wanted to see something happen.

it commenced with the beauty of youth and friendship, synchronized dancing as though they're playing around with each other. when the music would change its tempo, minho would be holding sohee's hand, switching into a modified ballroom sort of idea.

there was the idea of gracefulness that still remained, a distance kept between them as they'd dance around each other. the third tempo change would pick up much faster, the gaps between them closing as they graduated to latin style dancing. minho would spin her around, out of his grasp as she'd take spotlight for her own part.

their segment would eventually come to an end, sohee stood in front of minho- supposed to be -leant against his chest as his hand would firmly grip her waist. holding an intense eye lock, they'd stay that way until the music changed. leading into their split with a thunderclap.

at this point in the choreo, the backup dancers are supposed to drag them apart. as in, literally lifting them and carrying them away, as they reach out for the other whilst being pulled to their respective groups for the next segment.

mirae eyed them carefully as the music came to a halt. there was too much space in between them, it seemed awkward. the tension between the both of them was so painfully evident.

gazes locked on each other, chests heaving as they tried to recollect their breath. maybe they'd forgotten mirae was in-front of them, but they seemed to thoroughly enjoy staring at each other.

"well if you're going to stare at each other that like, the least you could do is close the gap." mirae tsked, pulling them out of their trance as they jumped apart.