Chapter Four

Catherine's POV
I watched as Xavier moved around the kitchen looking for something, while my stomach was eating itself over here!

"Alright that's it" I grumble and marched in to grab his ear. I drug him to the bar stool "stay" I pointed my finger at him. His eyes went wide.

Turning on my heel I strode back into the kitchen and pulled out sour dough bread, Tillamook cheese and tomato soup with gold fish crackers.

An old fashioned grilled cheese with tomato soup with gold fish cracker sounded really good right now. While I was cooking Xavier watched me, adoration in his eyes.

"I never thought cooking was sexy until now..." His eyes rake over my body, picking up a piece of bread I throw it at his face.

As the bread hits his face he scrunches his nose up, "what was that for?" He growls playfully. "Just felt like it" I shrugged, his eyes got a wickedly glint in them.

Swiftly he rose from his seat and made his way to me, I gulped and turned my back to him so I faced the oven top. Strong arms wrapped around my waist, and lips peppered kisses up my neck.

I froze, his lips left a trail of heat in his wake. "What's that?" I asked while he sucks on my neck, "just feel like it" he murmurs and gives me soft nips. I knew what he was doing, this is pay back.

I concentrate on the food and ignore the sensation of his kisses. "This isn't working huh?" He chuckles and pulls away from me. As soon as he does I feel cold, I wrap my arms around myself.

Xavier comes back over and hugs me to his warm chest, thank god the sandwiches were done,I was waiting on the soup. His touch felt like no other, sparks ignited and tingles ran through me.

"Xavier?" I whisper when I smell the aroma of soup, "yes Kitten" he responded with a chuckle. "The soups done" I mumble, he moves to let me go but at the last minute I latch on to his hand.

I blush while he stares down at our hands. Then his eyes flash to mine, they scream happiness. We eat and talk, our hands stay intertwined. His thumb rubs circles on the back of my hand soothing me.

"I will do the dishes" Xavier announces and takes our empty plates, the smell of tomato soup was making me nauseous. "Cat are you okay? You look a little pale" Xavier had abandoned the dishes in the sink and cupped my cheek.

"I'm fine, the tomato soup is making me feel nauseous" I tell him weakly not liking the smell. "Come on" he takes me in his arms and packs me to the living room where he gently sets me on the couch.

He moved to sit beside me, I curl in his side. I don't know what was going on here, but I know there was something between me and Xavier. The sparks, the things his voice did to me.

Closing my eyes I let me thoughts take over.

I've known him for two days and I already have feelings, and that scared me. I knew I had to escape, I had to try. I wouldn't tell anyone their secret, I value my life to much. "Kitten?" His voice breaks me from my trance.

Opening my eyes I look at him,  "I thought you were sleeping" he says sheepishly making me smile softly. Shaking my head I look out the window, it was getting dark. Tomorrow, I would escape.

"I'm tired" I announce and stand up, "can you show me to my room?" I ask shyly making him chuckle. "Come on" he grabs my hand making sparks ignite and my body warm.

He lead me up the stairs and stopped at the a door, one of two. "That one is my office" he points to the one on the left side. "This is our room" he emphasized our before he swung open the door.

The room was black and grey themed, but I liked it. I walked into the room and sat on the edge of the bed. "I'll get you some clothes" he calls from his closet, I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Thank you" I say when he hands me a tank top and boxers. Standing up I head into the bathroom and change. When I returned he was laying on the bed in black boxers, fuck don't tell me he was sleeping in those.

Gulping I hesitantly pad over to the bed and slip under the covers. With my back to him I close my eyes, the dip of the bed and rustle of sheets to me he joined me. A warm arms naked around my waist and pulled me to his chest.

"Goodnight Kitten" he murmurs in my ear.

"Goodnight Xavier" I mumble barely audible.

Tomorrow is the day I leave.